Menu
trethewey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

noisy clanking Virgin Media manhole cover - needs new tarmac applied and manhole lifted up from indent

Hi there - can I please have some urgent action and resolution to a noisy damaged manhole cover which has been reported through local council (once) and your telephone system (three times) with no success. I first raised the issue mid September and the clanking noise happens 24/7 when vehicles drive over the damaged manhole cover which is direct outside our house!!

Chris

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: noisy clanking Virgin Media manhole cover - needs new tarmac applied and manhole lifted up from inden

Even if this is a VM cover I would suggest it is still technically a Highways issue.  I would contact the council again making sure that you contact the one which is the actual Highways Authority (which is often your County Council, not your local council).

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
trethewey
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: noisy clanking Virgin Media manhole cover - needs new tarmac applied and manhole lifted up from inden

See below - the message I got directly from the council. Looks like I'm being passed from pillar to post. The main issue is the sucken manhole cover which allows vehicle wheels to drop then rise back up making a clanking noise repeatedly 24/7. This was deemed to be a VMedia issue to resolve. Please advise.

Thank you for your communication. Further to your comments, a Network Inspector visited this location on 20/09/2016. The defective apparatus that you have referred to has been referred to the owner of the apparatus Virgin Media for them to rectify the problem. If you have any further queries, please contact Virgin Media on 08708883117

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: noisy clanking Virgin Media manhole cover - needs new tarmac applied and manhole lifted up fr...

Hi trethewey, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that a dropped manhole cover is causing you so many issues. 

Can you please pop in as much information as you can to this form here: Reporting cabinet or manhole damage

once you've done this come back to me with the reference number and I can raise this directly with the relevant teams Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos