Menu
iand
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

install question

hi we have had cabs on street for last month is there anywhere i can check to see when its going live also will cable install to a 2nd floor flat 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: install question

External wiring can be Ground & First floor install only as VM do not have many trained “heights teams” or equipment.

The only alternative is if the building has existing internal wiring provision.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi iand

Thanks for popping by with your connection question.

Have you registered on Cable My Street?

If not if you can register your interest there and our teams should get backl to you within a few days with an update for you Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
iand
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it apears every other house on street can get cable apart from the block of flats although we have connection points outside it seems we have not been added to active status when i check it asks me to fill in a contact form which i have done

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi iand, 

Thanks for your update Smiley Happy 

Usually the reason we can't install a block of flats is down to either height restrictions or a Wayleave issue from the owner of the building. 

Once you've filled the form out via the link Karen gave, we will contact you if we plan on installing in your block Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
iand
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i registered on cablemystreet a while ago  i have permision of the landlord to have cable installed conection points are outside the flats the cabinet the flats is connected to is live is there anyone i can actually speak to as i tried the contact form said someone would contact in 5 working days noone has if i ring sales i just get sent back to same form

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi iand,

Thanks for your post and we do appreciate it's frustrating when you can see work going on in the area but no further updates. 

Once cables are laid, there's a lot of back end work we need to do to get things up and running. 

We'll need to update all our systems, there'll be further work outside of the street to connect you to the head end and then there will be other things involved such as meetings with the council, and energy providers. 

It does take a while and as soon as we can provide you with a date, we'll let you know.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
iand
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

like i said before everythings conected seems they missed the flats off the active list propertys 1 to 12 can get virgin yet on same cab and wired up outside but 13 to 24 cant 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi iand, 

This isn't uncommon. 

Depending on the stages that the cables were laid it may be taking longer to connect the rest of the street. 

As mentioned in my previous post too, usually the reason we can't install a block of flats is down to either height restrictions or a Wayleave issue from the owner of the building.

Even though your Landlord may have given you permission, he may not be the owner of the building as a whole. 

Either way there isn't anything we can do regarding this. You need to wait for the updates from Cable My Street. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos