Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12 (186 Views)

contractors in Didsbury have damaged my car

Dear Sirs

a company claiming to be called "Wingnut" Ltd are carrying out cable installation works this week to my street in Didsbury M20. 

They have taken it upon themselves to dump the excavated rubble on a side street adjacent to my house, an end terrace, right up against my classic car, without any apparent permission or permit. In in doing so they have caused damage to the bodywork, which I am particularly upset about as it is a 30 year old car and my pride and joy. 

When I challenged the foreman he accepted that his gang were to blame and offered to sort it out 'cash in hand'. This was two days ago and since then I am being avoided and ignored despite the fact that work is not yet completed.

Frankly I am disgusted with what has happened. This firm are cowboys who have taken no care and have damaged my cherished car and then given me the run around. The local community are incredibly upset by the inconvenience caused by the works and behaviour like this only compounds the poor reputation that road workers enjoy. I have photographic evidence of the damage and the ridiculous propping of the impromptu rubble tip against my car and I intend to seek legal redress immediately unless this situation is rectified in a fair and reasonable manner. I will also be taking the matter up with my local council.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (325 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Fergalant
2 weeks ago

Re: contractors in Didsbury have damaged my car

[ Edited ]

Whilst staff on here should pick this up for you, I would also back up your posting with a snail mail letter to them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (326 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Fergalant
2 weeks ago

[ Edited ]

Whilst staff on here should pick this up for you, I would also back up your posting with a snail mail letter to them.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12 (160 Views)

Thankyou for your helpful comment. If it comes to it I will probably ask my solicitor to send one, I've already had a chat with her.
0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 12 (153 Views)

please also post photos here

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 12 (147 Views)

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 12 (141 Views)

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 12 (139 Views)

image.jpgimage.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 8 of 12 (136 Views)

Dont see anything wrong with that...Smiley Surprised

We get all sorts of complaints on here and a lot turn out to be, how shall we put it, "a bit sniffy"...they haven't quite reinstated the pavement to my exacting standards sort of thing...

But that's pretty rough.  Really cant understand what was going through their heads when they did that one...very little I suppose.

Ive had more than my share of utilities digging up and re-instating, Im in a "development" area- but Ive yet to see something similar... The VM subbies locally are McNicholls and they are very good, wish I could the same about your lot. Well named company..round here a Wing Nut is an idiot...

Ive flagged for staff who should be able to advise you of what the next step is

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (121 Views)

Hi there Fergalant,

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've experienced with the recent construction in your local area.

Thank you for supplying the pictures, I can appreciate you're not too happy at the moment, so I'd like to take a look into this further for you.
I've sent you a private message in order to ask some further questions, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies once more.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 12 (120 Views)

Thankyou that's very helpful. I'm absolutely appalled to be honest and one of them had the cheek to say 'you shouldn't have parked here'!!!! Outside my own house when I'd been there first.

when they told me the name of the company was 'Wingnut' my response was 'you must think I'm a Wingnut'. But I've googled them and they are in fact a real outfit, based in Leyland. No answer when I rang the telephone number of course.

i don't enjoy having to complain and as you say I'm not being pedantic. The damage is bad enough, but being treated like an idiot really infuriates me. 

0 Kudos