Menu
technopian
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

can't sleep - street cab developed pitched noise

The green street cabinet close to my home has seemingly slowly developed a minor fault internally, that is creating a constant high-pitched tone. The noise is constant and high-pitched. I can't sleep.

During the day it is only feint due to other lower and louder background noise, but in the evenings and especially at night the noise is piercing, and getting worse. The note generated is difficult to hear when stood right next to the cabinet as there are various other louder fan noises being emitted, but as you walk back to my (well insulated) home, the high pitch remains.

Inside my bedroom, in the dead of night, its all one can hear. Most frustratingly, the tone is seemingly at about 1300Hz (having attempted to replicate using an online tool), which is right in the 'head space' as singers would describe it. That level of note is not blocked by ear plugs/defenders et al.

The worst part is that it is constant noise, without any break. My sleep is now significantly affected and I really can't stand it any longer. I have reported the issue to Virgin Media via the official channels but no reply.

Please help, I really, really need some sleep. Its not to the point where its affecting my health, hence reaching out. For the record, this is not tinnitus, the noise cannot be heard away from this area.

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't sleep - street cab developed pitched noise

You could try this link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Damaged-Green-Cabinets/m-p/3326993#M24717

There's a phone number you can ring and I've flagged it for a mod's attention, although this could take a couple of days.

It is now flagged, let us know how you get on.

Cheers

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello technopian,

Thanks for letting us know about this,

I would like to get this reported but I'm unable to locate your account so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

technopian
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

appreciated, thanks.

sadly have already tried that number and received nothing more than a reference number, nothing further, hence this post in desperation..

regards,

also half asleep, not by choice..

(scott)

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully it will now get sorted.

--
The only winning move is not to play.