Menu
Well-informed
Message 21 of 22 (33 Views)

Re: badges

Sephiroth wrote:

[SEPH]: When this forum was created in 2009, it was run as a second line support operation, replacing the Newsgroups technical support function.  The forums were primarily intended as a place for technical support, with an obvious hope that Community expertise would chip in.  @Horseman would confirm this; so would @APcyberax.   What VM have done is to totally destroy that (they have little concept of proper customer support) and have turned the forums over to the Social Media team.  2nd line support are no longer present on the Forums and the Forum Team are, to the best of my knowledge, drawn from first line support - albeit the better and brighter selection.  Of course they have lines into 2nd line support and have reasonable problem solving skills at a common denominator level.  VM have thinned out the Forum Team so that they can save money towards whatever purchases Liberty Global wish to make (F1?>).

Couldn't agree more Seph, my thoughts exactly..Kudos for that post, my friend..VM would do well to read, and digest, because therein lies the basis of their problems..and, sadly, I personally think things will not get any better any time soon..

Alessandro Volta
Message 22 of 22 (29 Views)

Re: badges

HughJarsse wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:

[SEPH]: When this forum was created in 2009, it was run as a second line support operation, replacing the Newsgroups technical support function.  The forums were primarily intended as a place for technical support, with an obvious hope that Community expertise would chip in.  @Horseman would confirm this; so would @APcyberax.   What VM have done is to totally destroy that (they have little concept of proper customer support) and have turned the forums over to the Social Media team.  2nd line support are no longer present on the Forums and the Forum Team are, to the best of my knowledge, drawn from first line support - albeit the better and brighter selection.  Of course they have lines into 2nd line support and have reasonable problem solving skills at a common denominator level.  VM have thinned out the Forum Team so that they can save money towards whatever purchases Liberty Global wish to make (F1?>).

Couldn't agree more Seph, my thoughts exactly..Kudos for that post, my friend..VM would do well to read, and digest, because therein lies the basis of their problems..and, sadly, I personally think things will not get any better any time soon..

Spot on, Hughjie (I love your handle - the Forum Team have to type that out when responding to any issue you report!).

They are too far up themselves to change under present leadership.  I want them to make a good profit so that we continue to benefit from their service (at least in my area) - but that is no excuse for failing as a CS undertaking.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)