Menu
Well-informed
Message 21 of 31 (218 Views)

Re: badges

Sephiroth wrote:

[SEPH]: When this forum was created in 2009, it was run as a second line support operation, replacing the Newsgroups technical support function.  The forums were primarily intended as a place for technical support, with an obvious hope that Community expertise would chip in.  @Horseman would confirm this; so would @APcyberax.   What VM have done is to totally destroy that (they have little concept of proper customer support) and have turned the forums over to the Social Media team.  2nd line support are no longer present on the Forums and the Forum Team are, to the best of my knowledge, drawn from first line support - albeit the better and brighter selection.  Of course they have lines into 2nd line support and have reasonable problem solving skills at a common denominator level.  VM have thinned out the Forum Team so that they can save money towards whatever purchases Liberty Global wish to make (F1?>).

Couldn't agree more Seph, my thoughts exactly..Kudos for that post, my friend..VM would do well to read, and digest, because therein lies the basis of their problems..and, sadly, I personally think things will not get any better any time soon..

Alessandro Volta
Message 22 of 31 (214 Views)

HughJarsse wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:

[SEPH]: When this forum was created in 2009, it was run as a second line support operation, replacing the Newsgroups technical support function.  The forums were primarily intended as a place for technical support, with an obvious hope that Community expertise would chip in.  @Horseman would confirm this; so would @APcyberax.   What VM have done is to totally destroy that (they have little concept of proper customer support) and have turned the forums over to the Social Media team.  2nd line support are no longer present on the Forums and the Forum Team are, to the best of my knowledge, drawn from first line support - albeit the better and brighter selection.  Of course they have lines into 2nd line support and have reasonable problem solving skills at a common denominator level.  VM have thinned out the Forum Team so that they can save money towards whatever purchases Liberty Global wish to make (F1?>).

Couldn't agree more Seph, my thoughts exactly..Kudos for that post, my friend..VM would do well to read, and digest, because therein lies the basis of their problems..and, sadly, I personally think things will not get any better any time soon..

Spot on, Hughjie (I love your handle - the Forum Team have to type that out when responding to any issue you report!).

They are too far up themselves to change under present leadership.  I want them to make a good profit so that we continue to benefit from their service (at least in my area) - but that is no excuse for failing as a CS undertaking.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Community elder
Message 23 of 31 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]

So VM give me badges for being a good boy (irrelevant), they congratulate me a few weeks ago for the number of Kudos I got (irrelevant) but them stop me from posting for being too critical of their lack of a decent service and their idiotic practices on these forums.

Not only is their a lack of sufficiently qualified staff on the forums to handle customer issues but, conversely, they seem to have an overload of staff in their Censorship team to do nothing else but stop customers posting valid complaints.

I think that it is time that VM engaged in a major redeployment of staff so that they have more useful staff to deal with queries on the forums and less useless staff just making a nuisance of themselves to paying customers.

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
Superuser
Message 24 of 31 (160 Views)

"Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake"."
Mistake? as with any forum or service they can deny access to anyone at any time without having to have reason. that is the right of the service owners.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 25 of 31 (151 Views)

apcyberax wrote:
Mistake? as with any forum or service they can deny access to anyone at any time without having to have reason. that is the right of the service owners.

No need to be an apologist. The word "mistake" was used by both the CEO's office and the representative of the Censorship team. You can say sorry now.

As for your comment "as with any forum or service they can deny access to anyone at any time without having to have reason".  As I pointed out to the CEO's office, this is not someone's private forum. For a company which has a very poor record of communicating with its paying customers, these forums provide the only real means of obtaining information on what is happening with VM, price rises, software issues, new releases/products, etc. so to prevent access to a paying customer with no proper explanation is not acceptable. I made it clear that I was prepared to take this matter further and will have no hesitation should there be any recurrence of this scandalous behaviour.

I was amused when I was told that I was a valued customer and contributor to these forums. If that is correct then stop the censorship.

It is a great pity when some privileged customers always seem to be delighted when VM treat their customers badly.

Superuser
Message 26 of 31 (144 Views)

It is a great pity when some privileged customers always seem to be delighted when VM treat their customers badly.

if that was aimed at me i'm not a VM customer anymore.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 27 of 31 (142 Views)

apcyberax wrote:
It is a great pity when some privileged customers always seem to be delighted when VM treat their customers badly.

if that was aimed at me i'm not a VM customer anymore.

But you still keep your privilege and, as you demonstrate above, talk down customers as you jump to the defence of VM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 28 of 31 (133 Views)

no privilege. and i've not jumped to vm defence I've stated a fact.

the T&C of this forum when you sign up

Virgin Media may terminate your account and/or delete any content (including but not limited to your profile) that you have posted on a Virgin Media Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing any Virgin Media Site (or any part of the same) for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice.

I'm just saying if they want to ban you, me or anyone they can and you have already agreed to let them when you registered.

Community elder
Message 29 of 31 (119 Views)

apcyberax wrote:

no privilege. and i've not jumped to vm defence I've stated a fact.

the T&C of this forum when you sign up

Virgin Media may terminate your account and/or delete any content (including but not limited to your profile) that you have posted on a Virgin Media Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing any Virgin Media Site (or any part of the same) for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice.

I'm just saying if they want to ban you, me or anyone they can and you have already agreed to let them when you registered.

And the point I was making above is that the vast majority of customers who join these forums, i.e. the people who pay money to VM, who keep the company in business, have no option but to sign up to their petty and pathetic rules as VM are spectacularly bad at providing help or information to those self-same customers.

So to VM I request that they provide alternative access for customers requiring help or information without the need to sign up to their childish rules, which exist simply to give the Censorship team and their privileged elite, such as yourself, a sense of self-importance.

How can anyone justify this type of censorship. I find that really worrying.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 30 of 31 (115 Views)

apcyberax wrote:

Ooh.  Who's a goodie two shoes?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)