Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 31 (336 Views)

badges

Not interested in receiving badges. Sort out service out first then mess about with free extras. You need to sort the problems people are paying for first
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 31 (328 Views)

Re: badges

some people want badges. you can't decide for everyone.
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 31 (314 Views)

apcyberax wrote:
some people want badges. you can't decide for everyone.

Who?

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 4 of 31 (306 Views)

i've seen people posting before they dont mind them. Its how most forums work now. might as well get used to it
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 31 (293 Views)

apcyberax wrote:
i've seen people posting before they dont mind them. Its how most forums work now. might as well get used to it

That does not mean that it is not childish. It would be far better if those managing the forums ensured that there were sufficient resources available so that VM forum staff respond in the same week as the posts are made. Awarding a badge when the poster needs a response is rubbing noses in it.

And do something about the ludicrous order used to respond to posts. I am sometimes reluctant to post to help as I know that the OP probably needs a response from VM but that will simply add a further delay.  Yes they could phone but there are insufficient, competent, staff available on the phones as well.

Dialled in
Message 6 of 31 (275 Views)

I could not care less about badges either way. If some like them they are welcome to them. I assume the badge system is totally automated and needs little or no input now that it is set up. In fact it would probably require more resources to get rid of it.

I understand that this is primarily intended as a customer self help forum, but agree that the input from Virgin staff is often very helpful and more would help compensate for those having problems with phone and live chat support, especially with the total lack of an email support option. However I think VM may not want to encourage this forum as a primary way of contacting them so are unlikely to provide more resources.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 31 (273 Views)

E-mail support is available over the phone - select Broadband faults.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM.
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 8 of 31 (254 Views)

hmm.. I'm pretty certain that removing badges wouldn't result in anyone's problems being resolved any faster.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 9 of 31 (233 Views)

Email over the phone? I would call that phone support or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 10 of 31 (220 Views)

vircom wrote:

Email over the phone? I would call that phone support or am I missing something?

I laughed when I read his reply. His reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. But, given that all he does is resend the same posts in praise of VM while criticizing anyone who dares complain, perhaps it is a robot.

0 Kudos