Menu
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

badges/ranks

i'm not being morose, but i do not like badges/ranks - better off without them, i think.  normally, i like a natter but i'm about to have my tea.

thank you vm for my new badge - but i'll try to delete it later.

0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: badges/ranks

Hi, Plainenglish

The badges show progress and import into the community. Number of posts, & Helpful answers. You cant delete them from your profile.

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hi and thank you.
'progress and import'? gosh!
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Plus of course you can print them off and cut them out to stick on your school jumper to look mega cool in the playground.

Lots of fun to be had doing swaps.

Such a shame you have to be a grown up to have an account.

zoew
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If I get another email telling me I've earned a badge, I think I will thump someone. I just want to talk to a bloody manager. Pity I'm having to litter this community with irate messages in an attempt to do that.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

no managers here.
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

that's a fact....................
0 Kudos
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

my marbles for your broken penknife - and i'll throw in a gobstopper.
0 Kudos
plainenglish
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i spent almost an hour speaking to someone today about a couple of boring but - for me - vital problems.  the 150 number.  problem seems to have been sorted out, but i was told - after the hour's 'conversation' - to try accessing my email account after another hour.........  after much effort i could send/receive emails.trouble is that the adviser downloaded firefox/mozzarella for me without telling me why.  the adviser repeatedly and loudly told me that i 'must have a browser'.  i thought google chrome was a browser.................  or is it internet explorer.........?  i do not like internet explorer; or google gmail.  i may be a fuddy-duddy but i don't see the point of them - all i want is a functioning computer which quickly logs on, gets me to my emails, and all the fantastic browsing one may do.  i may have to buy a new laptop - mine is getting on a bit,like me, and i use windows 7 home premium.  but no adviser has said that my equipment, or windows 7 is to blame for my problems.  i thought that i could wait a bit to see how people react to windows 10.  a few days ago another 150 adviser said that 'in the mornings the logging on/computer may be slow'.  a computer needs coffee/breakfast?!  or, i wonder, did the adviser mean that millions of people in the uk log on at roughly the same time, thus causing problems?  bit like the problem the electricity companies have when millions turn on the kettle during coronation street ads?

i will not give up on my computer yet - but, really, life could be so much easier if advisers did not talk down to, or at, the frustrated customers who need help, and may be elderly and not as quick as in their youth.

now i've got to start finding all about firefox/godzilla and what they can do to lighten the load.  i like 'bing' - graphics, speed, news, style.  i'll research whether they are a browser/search-engine/or a figment of my imagination.

it is difficult  sometimes not to swear and get v. angry at people who understand the words perfectly well, but who, somehow, don't 'see the point', because they do not listen properly, and who need to look good/sound good, and do not empathize with non-experts and v. frustrated people.  so far i've not sworn at anyone, but my patience is dwindling.................

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
no managers here.

.....no grown ups either! Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)