Menu
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 12 (125 Views)

and we thought Virgin was bad...

TalkTalk and BT have received the worst customer satisfaction scores in a survey of 12 broadband providers.

They scored 38% and 45% respectively with their customers, while Sky (48%) and EE (49%) came close behind them in the Which? survey of 1,800 people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39649580

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 12 (110 Views)

Re: and we thought Virgin was bad...

"while TalkTalk also scored two stars in each except value for money"

If you pay for low qualities services, expect sub-par services as no one is paying the cost for there to be a chance of "OK" customer services etc. Cheap services will always have that problem, as they don't have the finance to improve or expand.

It's like people saying: "I'm going to go with a bargain bin level company that charges £2 a month for broadband, but I expect there customer services to be of the level of a company with millions to billions in profit monthly."

BT has always been a horrific provider. When I was with them every call to their customer services was a nightmare in some fashion or other.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 3 of 12 (97 Views)

..................................  in the Which? survey of 1,800 people.

According to Ofcom there were 24.7 million residential and SME lines in 2016. The survey questioned less than 0.0001% of users, hardly comprehensive.

Frequent price rises, connections that drop, unreliable speeds and "woeful" customer service all contributed to the scores, the consumer group said.

Had BT infinity for over 3 years now, never had any of those issues. If that was 38% of TalkTalks 4.6 million and 45% of BTs 7.9 million users it would be newsworthy.

That article could easily have said "UK Broadband customers satisfaction levels at a new high. Fewer than 0.0001% of customers were dissatisfied with their provider."

Dave.

Well-informed
Message 4 of 12 (96 Views)

Shelke wrote:

If you pay for low qualities services, expect sub-par services as no one is paying the cost for there to be a chance of "OK" customer services etc. Cheap services will always have that problem, as they don't have the finance to improve or expand.

It's like people saying: "I'm going to go with a bargain bin level company that charges £2 a month for broadband, but I expect there customer services to be of the level of a company with millions to billions in profit monthly."

BT has always been a horrific provider. When I was with them every call to their customer services was a nightmare in some fashion or other.

As the saying goes, "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

That being said, even the bargin bin support shouldn't be failing too badly, i mean the training should cover the basics and hiring friendly people covers the other half, that being said i would probably guess that those 2 low scorers probably use off-shore call centres, thich are known to be not worth the tiny money that companies pay for them, VM included

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 12 (91 Views)

Shelke wrote:

Quite agree but since VM don't charge for low qualities services, charges which have been increasing far too often recently, then they should not be providing sub-par services as customers are paying the cost.

I am not with a bargain bin level company with low charges so I do expect VM Customer Services to be at a satisfactory level.

What is the current delay for a reply from the Forum team as VM refuse to provide sufficient cover. Oh, of course, you can always call in, provided you have nothing to do for the rest of the afternoon. Did anyone mention the chat service, if so read the numerous posts from those who have tried, in vain.

Nice to be able to post again, after their "mistake".
Superuser
Message 6 of 12 (89 Views)

shanematthews wrote:

That being said, even the bargin bin support shouldn't be failing too badly, i mean the training should cover the basics and hiring friendly people covers the other half, that being said i would probably guess that those 2 low scorers probably use off-shore call centres, thich are known to be not worth the tiny money that companies pay for them, VM included

As the saying goes, "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

BT was 100% offshore support when I was with them in 2013, I'm not sure how the balance is now in terms of staff location. VM have a mix of UK and offshore. 

Offshore call center staff aren't worth the investment. Sure it saves the companies millions of cash each month to have them than it does to have UK support staff. But they lose out in so many other areas like reputation, customers leaving due to offshore bodges and etc.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 12 (83 Views)

frank_gm wrote:

I am not with a bargain bin level company with low charges so I do expect VM Customer Services to be at a satisfactory level.

What is the current delay for a reply from the Forum team as VM refuse to provide sufficient cover. Oh, of course, you can always call in, provided you have nothing to do for the rest of the afternoon. Did anyone mention the chat service, if so read the numerous posts from those who have tried, in vain.

Quite agree but since VM don't charge for low qualities services, charges which have been increasing far too often recently, then they should not be providing sub-par services as customers are paying the cost.

It definitely could be better. I've really bad things happen like a support staff remove my hub from my account when all I wanted them to check for a SNR fault that I knew was in my area. I've also been put into a new contract for no reason and not told about it  either which was a mess to resolve. And other bodges like that, not even the Customer Relations Team (UK based) is fault free. I've had to write to in to log two official complaints about their handling in the past.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 8 of 12 (79 Views)

"BT was 100% offshore support when I was with them in 2013, I'm not sure how the balance is now in terms of staff location. VM have a mix of UK and offshore."

I think they're moving to more UK based staff now.

"Offshore call center staff aren't worth the investment. Sure it saves the companies millions of cash each month to have them than it does to have UK support staff. But they lose out in so many other areas like reputation, customers leaving due to offshore bodges and etc."

Couldn't agree with you more on that. In the long run it does more harm than good.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 9 of 12 (72 Views)

Shelke wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

It definitely could be better. I've really bad things happen like a support staff remove my hub from my account when all I wanted them to check for a SNR fault that I knew was in my area. I've also been put into a new contract for no reason and not told about it  either which was a mess to resolve. And other bodges like that, not even the Customer Relations Team (UK based) is fault free. I've had to write to in to log two official complaints about their handling in the past.

All ISPs have their horror stories. Most of the bad experiences I've had with VM have been with off shore. I know my area suffers from horrible over utilisation (hence my move to BT), neighbours with VM confirm this is still ongoing. I enquired the other night, via chat, as to whether I could get a 200 package. I could tell it was off shore. I was told "Yes sir". When I told them my neighbours had problems with very slow speeds in the evening and gave them my postcode I was told "That won't affect you sir"

Oh how I laughed! Needless to say I declined the offer.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12 (64 Views)

Bad CS is not all about low cost. Plusnet, owned by BT, using Openreach and often offering cheaper deals, scored well.
0 Kudos