Menu
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why are we STILL unable to see the threads we have posted in??

A while back, there was a thread detailing the new changes to this forum, in which various members, gave their views on the changes.

Well, to this day, there is STILL one MAJOR bug bear, with this forum, and it is this - why oh why are we STILL unable to see which thread we have posted in?!?! As an example, see this pic:

VM Website Posted in thread Indicator.JPG

There is NO indication that I have posted in this thread. Yes, you can say that it shows, "Last Reply:4 hours ago by deans6571" HOWEVER, the second somebody else posts a comment in this thread, the "Last Reply" will of course show THEIR name instead of mine - which then, shows no indication that I have posted here at all?? If I want to look through the forums a day or so later, I am unable to see which threads I have contributed in???

Surely it can't be difficult to implement something like these other forums do:

Notice the blue arrow indicator which shows I have posts in this thread:

VM Website Posted in thread Indicator (ds forums).JPG

Or this (notice the red circled part, which shows my avatar in the threads avatar, signifying I have posts in this thread):

VM Website Posted in thread Indicator (firework forum).JPG

Or even this (which again, shows my avatar, in the threads avatar, signifying I have posts in this thread):

VM Website Posted in thread Indicator (macrumors).JPG

I am a member of over 5 different forums and in EACH ONE, there is a symbol, signifying which threads I have posted in - Virgin Media is THE ONLY forum, which does not do this??? WHY??????

Its SOOO ANNOYING.............

Smiley Mad

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are we STILL unable to see the threads we have posted in??

Because...

Style over substance...

I sense the marketing dept has a hand in these things "branding" and all that. If they wanted your ACTUAL feedback, they would have given you a survey it was only possible to pick positive responses...

feedback_1667175.jpg

In the meantime, if you go to the drop down under your log in name, top right-ish and go to "Profile", , if you scroll down you can see threads you have replied in that have subsequent posts. You only see the last so many, but he see more will take you to ALL threads you have replied in.

deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:
In the meantime, if you go to the drop down under your log in name, top right-ish and go to "Profile", , if you scroll down you can see threads you have replied in that have subsequent posts. You only see the last so many, but he see more will take you to ALL threads you have replied in.

Thats a LONG workaround though isn't it..... Why should I have to click on Profile, and then scroll down to see my posts?? This should show, on the main forum page, just like it does in my examples. The VM techs who control and manage these forums, must be very lazy if they can't even implement this simple  feature I have requested......

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote:

Kippies wrote:

Thats a LONG workaround though isn't it..... Why should I have to click on Profile, and then scroll down to see my posts?? This should show, on the main forum page, just like it does in my examples. The VM techs who control and manage these forums, must be very lazy if they can't even implement this simple  feature I have requested......

What is "LONG" about it? Two clicks and you are there.

I dislike much about the forums but this is hardly an issue when you are able to see what you have posted easily enough. I would put changing the colouring between read and unread posts as a higher priority.

My main concern, however, is them making any more changes, full stop, as all previous re-inventions have just made things worse. Please don't encourage them.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!