Menu
Curly
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why are some sites "Forbidden" ?

hey Guys, does anyone know why I would receive this message when trying to watch a video.. "

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /dnews/is-there-a-formula-behind-good-music on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are some sites "Forbidden" ?

Curly wrote:

hey Guys, does anyone know why I would receive this message when trying to watch a video.. "

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /dnews/is-there-a-formula-behind-good-music on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Well the 500 error is just a generic webserver error, the 403 error is likely just a result of bad configuration, nothing VM can do as you'll need to contact the server owner regarding it

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If any ISP was going to ban a site there would be a big company logo of that ISP telling you so.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Compbck
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The 500 Internal Server Error is a generic error message, given when no more specific message is suitable. There are a number of causes for a 500 Internal Server Error to display in a web browser.

It could indicate that the site has been taken down or blocked by Google for a breach of their many rules regarding videos and websites.
Curly
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I was just curious Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

500 server error is almost usually due to a poorly configured .htaccess or a badly configured php.ini file. The owner of the site should have noticed it and be able to roll back to what he just did to cause it.

If you want to see a virgin website ban then try looking at thepiratebay.se and you will see what I mean.
Curly
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I did that Smiley Happy so now I know the difference Smiley Very Happy thankyou
0 Kudos
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does look like a badly configured website.  My guess is that you tried to access something that the owner wants to keep secure and he has some "special" error handler to replace the standard and this is faulty.  So you hit the locked resource, the server issues the 403, the custom code intercepts it and breaks.

Site owners often like custom error handlers to make the site look better, provide more information and contact information.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos