Menu
bobbaroonie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why are solutions never posted ?

I have an issue connecting my Tivo so have been searching this forum but have noticed there are never any solutions posted, just reply posts from moderaters saying 'I've posted you a private message' ?   Fat lot of good that does for people with the same issue and defeats the object of a forum, surely ?    Unless, of course, you want to see how many people are unhappy with their service !

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are solutions never posted ?

There are many threads where posts are marked as helpful i.e. solved the issue being discussed.

These are show on the main Community Homepage, on the right of the forum list and can be seen here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2CacceptedSolutions%...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

not all info will be given on here. some would be customer sensitive which is why it is taken into private mode, but it would be good to have an answer area to general common issues.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A lot of "Private Message" posts usually end up with an engineer visit in an attempt to rectify the problem. The results of these visits are not known by the Forum Team as their involvement usually ends when the visit is booked. The only way you would get to hear about resolutions in these cases is if the original poster responds to their own thread about what happened afterward.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile