Menu
Highlighted
steveb1982
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When is it going to be available

Hi our community has done the cable my street program and has been selected to gain access to your service. We seem to be on the 2nd stage (Having someone look at the area to see if it can be done) My question is how long does it take for the next steps to happen, from what i know you came and looked about 4 months ago, but not seen or had any contact since. could you possibly let me know what the time frame is for this to happen. as the current Broadband speeds we get are anywhere from 0.5 MB to 1.5 MB if you lucky, currently my broadband has not worked for the last 2 weeks and ive had 3 BT openreach engineers out in little over a week, and its really getting me and my family down where we cant even surf the web due to this stoneage internet that BT will not improve. Any info would be greatly appreciated cause as a community we have just about had enough with the current dire service we all get at the moment. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When is it going to be available

Wouldn't be holding my breath looking possible 6 months minimum to over 1 year, since once cables installed in street still a massive amount of work behind the scenes required, the forum team might be able to get a.very rough estimate
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When is it going to be available

Virgin are expanding at a pace now. There are several large projects currently in build (the whole of the Isle of Thanet, Northern Torbay & the southern coastal strip from Peacehaven through to Seaford to name a few). Despite using modern techniques this process is very expensive, & when you consider that a number of former cable franchise holders went bust due to over zealous expansion, this has to happen in a controlled manner.

Virgin has a plan that covers the next few years, so its a case of sitting & waiting I'm afraid.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos