Menu
Highlighted
DCFC79
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Whats classed as a new customer

Afternoon all

I'm currently the bill payer at current address and looking for my first home, as I wouldn't be a new customer if I were to move my services I might consider transferring the account to the other resident living here. How long should I wait so i would be classed as a new customer ?

virgin media L tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 100mb internet.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Whats classed as a new customer

Rule of thumb is 6 months, although you are still taking your chances.

As so many people pull this stunt now, the majority of providers (Sky & Virgin included) will flag you as a "returning customer". In the past it has depended on who takes the call when you try to rejoin as to what you end up with.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rule of thumb is 6 months, although you are still taking your chances.

As so many people pull this stunt now, the majority of providers (Sky & Virgin included) will flag you as a "returning customer". In the past it has depended on who takes the call when you try to rejoin as to what you end up with.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
DCFC79
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Id like to move the services but the broadband is only what I would use so if need be Ill go elsewhere for a year or so and then look into moving back.
virgin media L tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 100mb internet.
0 Kudos