Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)

Whats classed as a new customer

Afternoon all

I'm currently the bill payer at current address and looking for my first home, as I wouldn't be a new customer if I were to move my services I might consider transferring the account to the other resident living here. How long should I wait so i would be classed as a new customer ?

virgin media L tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 100mb internet.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by DCFC79
Thursday

Re: Whats classed as a new customer

Rule of thumb is 6 months, although you are still taking your chances.

As so many people pull this stunt now, the majority of providers (Sky & Virgin included) will flag you as a "returning customer". In the past it has depended on who takes the call when you try to rejoin as to what you end up with.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (164 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by DCFC79
Thursday

Rule of thumb is 6 months, although you are still taking your chances.

As so many people pull this stunt now, the majority of providers (Sky & Virgin included) will flag you as a "returning customer". In the past it has depended on who takes the call when you try to rejoin as to what you end up with.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

Id like to move the services but the broadband is only what I would use so if need be Ill go elsewhere for a year or so and then look into moving back.
virgin media L tv with Tivo 500Gb, L phone and 100mb internet.
0 Kudos