Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What a load of *******

Received today.

Your new rank is Wise owl.

Has it not yet dawned on the morons who run these forums that nonsense like this just tends to irritate the recipients. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: What a load of *******

frank_gm wrote:

Received today.

Your new rank is Wise owl.

Has it not yet dawned on the morons who run these forums that nonsense like this just tends to irritate the recipients. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Typical of these clowns.

What is inappropriate is the idiotic titles you give. 

Out if interest, am I correct that members of the team are thrown out once they reach their fourteenth birthday?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Look on the bright side, 'Wise Owl' is marginally preferable to 'Dead Parrot' although I'll concede not by much.    Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just to direct your ire in the right direction...

The forum team have nothing to do with the wonderful titles, or when they happen. Obviously they know (but their hands are tied) that sending someone who has signed up to complain about overutilisation a message telling them they are "shooting through the ranks faster than our superfast broadband" is umm ill go for "inappropriate"

Ranks and "look and feel" of on here is down to marketing (and "brand"). The same jokers who dreamed up the "gamer tier" broadband that does nothing for gamers. But you know, "Were down with the kids"  and all  that....

Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To be fair I think some small progress has been made and I'd like to think my constant sarcastic comments had something to do with it.  Have you noticed that most of the Forum Team have stopped or at least moderated their use of those awful Americanisms such as ... 'It's incredible that you responded'  and  'It is so awesome to have you here'  and 'what a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious outcome'.     Smiley LOL

It's been emotional.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

Just to direct your ire in the right direction...

The forum team have nothing to do with the wonderful titles, or when they happen. Obviously they know (but their hands are tied) that sending someone who has signed up to complain about overutilisation a message telling them they are "shooting through the ranks faster than our superfast broadband" is umm ill go for "inappropriate"

Ranks and "look and feel" of on here is down to marketing (and "brand"). The same jokers who dreamed up the "gamer tier" broadband that does nothing for gamers. But you know, "Were down with the kids"  and all  that....

You mean the same Forum team who respond to a customer who has had no end of problems with words like "awesome" and add smileys while replying to that customer with the news that they will continue to have no/poor service for weeks to come?  Are you seriously telling me that they are not choosing to type "awesome" or add smileys.

The whole thing is symptomatic of VM's approach to Customer Service (the capitals are mine and are not indicative of VM's approach). Just like the censorship above.

I am talking from experience of dealing with the useless Forum team.

¡No Pasarán!
spell
Well-informed
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It was the constant use of the American slang street word 'gotten' that made/makes me squirm. Seemed to start when Liberty Global took over.

And of course as already mentioned the most mundane of circumstances having to be 'awesome'.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

All I can say is...

everything.jpg

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Happy 14th birthday frank
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
Happy 14th birthday frank

If you approve of childish behaviour, so be it.

¡No Pasarán!