Menu
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, well, well, Fancy that!!

VM actually caught telling porkies, whatever next!!!

From 'the Sun' today...Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

(Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people)

Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Well, well, well, Fancy that!!

My flabber has never been so gasted!

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Next thing you know they will come clean about the misleading speed claims in areas with high levels of congestion and the appalling performance of the old Tivo. Then again maybe not.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

vircom wrote:
Next thing you know they will come clean about the misleading speed claims in areas with high levels of congestion and the appalling performance of the old Tivo. Then again maybe not.

VM covered themselves with the "UPTO" on there speeds. Speeds are advertised as UPTO 200Mb. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I know they use the "Up To" catch all to avoid legal liability and even agree that it would be impracticable to achieve the top speed under all circumstances, all the time, but VM make a big thing about their fast internet. Selling a package in a congested area or one with a known long term fault without warning the customer is not good practice, and installers that tell customer with a slow service at installation that they need to let their service settle down are at best poorly trained.

Where does it say that the old Tivo provides "Up To" a barely acceptable standard provided it is rebooted, cleared and reset every few days?

I know this will not be changing unless or until VM decide it is costing them money. Just a bit of futile posturing on my part.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bet there will be a heck of a lot of 'reviews' being moved at least 9 months into the future, and beyond for the forseeable future !!

should of been called 'Project 'forked' lightning' (as in; speaks with a forked tongue!)

(anyone for BT (infinity (and beyond!!) Smiley Very Happy))

Could this be the beginning of the whole ball of string starting to unravel??

(At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people)

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bit more info in this link from the BBC....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39430352

(assuming that the mods leave it alone that is!!)

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

From what I can see members of VM staff told porkies and are being disciplined.

Avoiding the 'news'paper Sun, here are a few other links.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7675-virgin-media-launches-investigation-into-project-lightning-e...
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/03/virgin-media-admits-overstating-uk-cable-network-expans...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/28/virgin-media-launches-investigation-suspends-staff-ex...

I'm acutely aware of these issues having come into contact with them in this area. They do not in any way relate to issues with the existing network, and VM are attempting to resolve them. The man now in charge of Lightning is reporting to both the CEO of Virgin Media and the CTO of Liberty Global, and VM have dedicated staff to handling public queries regarding Lightning issues.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Inevitable......

The fact that 4 VM employee's appear to be "charged" with not having had a sufficient "grounding" in accurately reporting/managing Project Lightning results is of of course "shocking" and no doubt a "battery" of mis-information will follow in this "electrifying" disclosure.  

Hopefully LG won't allow VM to emulate Southern Rail and thus avoid multiple future "strikes" that may "potentially" follow any "discharge" of operatives related to the  Lightning project?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inevitable......

horseman wrote:

The fact that 4 VM employee's appear to be "charged" with not having had a sufficient "grounding" in accurately reporting/managing Project Lightning results is of of course "shocking" and no doubt a "battery" of mis-information will follow in this "electrifying" disclosure.  

Hopefully LG won't allow VM to emulate Southern Rail and thus avoid multiple future "strikes" that may "potentially" follow any "discharge" of operatives related to the  Lightning project?

I doubt that any VM employees could ever manage to coordinate a strike Tony ... it will just keep getting put back to the next review date    Smiley LOL

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos