Menu
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VirginMedia in Meltdown.

This is going from bad to worse.

Trying to access My Virgin Media tonight and all I get is this ...

Service status 121116.jpg

'Email isn't affected' ... wake up VM, email is bricked, it's currently unusable.  Your website is bricked.

'Upgrade to provide you with an even better service' ... What a joke.  Not in my lifetime if past experience is anything to go by.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirginMedia in Meltdown.

Don't exaggerate. They are doing repeated work on the VM servers. Quite common at weekends.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HowardML wrote:
Don't exaggerate. They are doing repeated work on the VM servers. Quite common at weekends.

Quite possibly your fastest response to defend the indefensible Howard.   But keep up the good work.

If what you say is true then why would they do maintenance during weekend daytime when most people are at home and needing the facility.  Doesn't quite ring true does it?  VM is in a mess, why just not admit it?

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Actually been like it since 11AM this morning and STILL like it now. (and YES, I have 'cleared the cache' , and rebooted, and tried on another computer using a different browser...so there!!)

Wouldn't mind if they were REALLY making some 'improvements'. BUT, and we ALL know what happens when VM 'improve' something, it gets WORSE...

yet there are still those on here who try to defend them....... There is always something not working on this site...always, and always the the 'excuse' is that we are making improvements........which is  a bit of a joke considering VM's history of 'improving' things!!!

'providing a better service'..considering just how bad this one is, that's not really difficult is it VM?? 

PS...if they are 'providing a better service' on this site, it's odds on that there is a 'price rise' following shortly because of the 'new features we have provided' as the 'blurb; goes...