Menu
Highlighted
CheshireAdrian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin team hit my gas supply

VIRGIN INSTALLATION TEAM

VIRGIN haveclosed the roads and have been digging outside my house for about a month now.

When they came past my house they hit my gas supply and I was without gas for three days, leaving me and elderly relative without heating or hot water for three days.

I have called them numerous times at considerable expense as the Report a Complaint is an 0845 number at 50 pence per minute from my mobile and they make you wait to rack up the fees that they make.

Their 5 day call you back period was interrupted by the Bank Holiday but it is now over a fortnight.

Is this the usual level of standard to expect from Virgin? IE to charge you for services that you don't receive and to ignore complaints?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
CheshireAdrian
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

OK So I am not a Virgin Customer and at this rate, never will be!

When installing th Virgin cable outside my house they hit my gas pipe and I was without gas heating or hot water for three days.

I have called them repeatedly at a cost of over 50p per minute and after three weeks they still refuse to make the promised 5 day callbacks or the 48 hour callbacks.

TOTALLY INCOMPETENT AND UNACCEPTABLE

OFCOM HERE WE COME!!!!

0 Kudos

All Replies
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin team hit my gas supply

CheshireAdrian wrote:
VIRGIN INSTALLATION TEAM

VIRGIN haveclosed the roads and have been digging outside my house for about a month now.

When they came past my house they hit my gas supply and I was without gas for three days, leaving me and elderly relative without heating or hot water for three days.

I have called them numerous times at considerable expense as the Report a Complaint is an 0845 number at 50 pence per minute from my mobile and they make you wait to rack up the fees that they make.

Their 5 day call you back period was interrupted by the Bank Holiday but it is now over a fortnight.

Is this the usual level of standard to expect from Virgin? IE to charge you for services that you don't receive and to ignore complaints?

Why were VM your first port of call?

You call the gas supplier and tell them they hit the pipe, VM can't repair gas lines, contact your gas supplier and let them know about the issue and they are the ones who will have to repair it, there isn't a lot VM can do about it

CheshireAdrian
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

When installing th Virgin cable outside my house they hit my gas pipe and I was without gas heating or hot water for three days.

I have called them repeatedly at a cost of over 50p per minute and after three weeks they still refuse to make the promised 5 day callbacks or the 48 hour callbacks.

OFCOM HERE WE COME!!!!

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

CheshireAdrian wrote:

OFCOM HERE WE COME!!!!

And as i told you, and you chose to ignore

Your first port of call should be your gas supplier, VM CANNOT fix a gas pipe, they are not trained to do this, calling them will server literally zero purpose

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: NON-EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Hi CheshireAdrian, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your post here: VIRGIN INSTALLATION TEAM

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin team hit my gas supply

Hi CheshireAdrian, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your post here: VIRGIN INSTALLATION TEAM

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos