Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (216 Views)

Virgin roadworks dumping in my skip

Hi Virgin team, who can I contact please regarding the Virgin cabling roadworks in my street?  Some waste from the works has been dumped in a skip in my driveway.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7 (204 Views)

Re: Virgin roadworks dumping in my skip

Stu_007 wrote:

Hi Virgin team, who can I contact please regarding the Virgin cabling roadworks in my street?  Some waste from the works has been dumped in a skip in my driveway.

Probably easier to just speak to the builders, they probably just incorrectly assumed it was there for them, just let them know otherwise

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (177 Views)

Thanks shanematthews, I'm afraid I can't always catch the builders because I am working during the day and not at the property.  I have taken photos for evidence, including the fresh tarmac they use to patch up the pavement.  You are right; they have incorrectly assumed it was for them. The skip is clearly on my private driveway, and I have paid for it for my own building work, so obviously annoyed they have used it!

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7 (152 Views)

Using other peoples skips without asking has been going on for years. I suspect they knew it was not for them. It is also likely that they are subcontractors.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (116 Views)

Hi Stu_007, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that our contractors have been dumping their waste in your skip. In order to feed this back to the relevant teams, I'll need to take some details from you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7 (78 Views)

Hi Stu_007, 

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Message with your information Smiley Happy 

I have forwarded this on to the Area Manage to find out what we can do Smiley Happy 

As soon as I hear back I shall be back in touch with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (13 Views)

Hi Stu_007, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team on this one. 

They've advised the following:

'I will pass this on to the teams that complete these works that under no circumstances do they place any waste in any skips which aren't part of the works.'

I can only apologise about this once again. 

If you have any further issues, come back to us and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos