Menu
grogsy
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin refusing to cable cul de sac

Hello

Has anyone had virgin refuse to lay cables in their close or cul-de-sac?  Quite a few months back I attended a meeting at a local school were Virgin media had on show their plans for installing a new roll out of cable to the area and my house in a cul-de-sac of 4 was on the plan, months later they came in the area and I noticed that the had marked up in front of the cul-de-sac x4, so I thought nice one it will be installed soon.  couple of months later they have been round and installed cable in the area and missed out the cul-de-sac so my neighbour and I have both been on the phone and they now say they had no plans to cable it.  Question is now what do I do?  Do I start with a letter of complaint and get my MP involved if possible or is there another route to go down as we have been waiting over 4.5 years for a decent broadband supplier

Cheers

Mick

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin refusing to cable cul de sac

virgin can't be forced to provide you with a service. they are a private company. involving an mp on this one won't make any difference. i don't know the reason, but it could be cost due to it being a very small street ie cost of laying cables outweighs any return even if everyone signs up in your cul de sac.

one of the mods will no doubt be along to investigate the actual reason. don't reply to this though as it will put you to the back of the queue in regards to receiving a reply on here.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Has the cul de sac been adopted by the local council or is it privately owned?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick

The points raised above by the community are valid.

• Virgin Media are not obligated to cable to every home.
  • They are unable to cable on private roads unless Wayleave has been granted for all properties by the residents.
  • If we hit issues to do with additional planning permissions or permits and this takes us over our CPH (cost per home) it will be rejected by our build teams.

If you'd like to pop a PM to me with:

1. Your name
  2. Your full address

I can then check into this with our teams for you Smiley Happy

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos