Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9 (243 Views)

Virgin not interested in loyal customers

Hi every one I have come to the conclusion that virgin have no interest in loyal virgin customers. I have been with virgin for over 9 years. I hit bad times recently and down graded my package to 50 + phone @ £36 month which was a mistake. Connection and uploading/download are dismal (rubbish). Unable to cope with day to day traffic. So I contacted virgin support who talked me into a upgrade to 200 +phone@ £52 month plus £14.99 connection. They promised to send out straight away and receive by monday 10th April. Nothing arrived, I waited until Wednesday 12th to be told by one virgin representative that item has been ordered but has not been dispatched and will not arrive if dispatched to day by the 18th April. I was really anoid with this answer and the arrogant response to a loyal customer told them I would be changing my service provider to BT but told I was still under contract until Nov this year and could not leave. Can't wait until Nov when I can finally tell them were to shove their broad band and phone were the sun dont shine and go for better value package and faster broadband with a polite reliable customer service I hope.

Superfast
Message 2 of 9 (239 Views)

Re: Virgin not interested in loyal customers

From what I have seen VM are not much different to other providers when it comes to customer loyalty. As regard level of service and quality of customer support, it does appear that VM have fallen behind but that does not mean that all the phone support agents are bad and frustrating as it is, there is little someone in an overseas call centre can do except tell you what the computer tells them. They are pretty low down the food chain and cannot order the shipping department to move your order up the priority list. It would be better if VM had a more joined up way of managing orders etc, but that would add cost and most customers want a cheap price over good service.

Good luck with your new provider, whoever you choose.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9 (236 Views)

I know VM support agents don't have much control but to tell me I shall receive the new compatible hub for 200 on Monday then to confirm by text is a little much when it doesn't arrive. Then to be told the item hasn't even been dispatched when I rang them up on the Wednesday. Very annoying. 🙁
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9 (195 Views)

Hi Eric007, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there was a mistake made when ordering your equipment meaning there was a delay in you receiving it Smiley Sad 

Checking the account today, it looks as though this error is yet to be corrected as you were transferred over to the team to talk about your cancellation. 

I have sent you a private message to discuss this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9 (191 Views)

Eric007 wrote:

Hi every one I have come to the conclusion that virgin have no interest in loyal virgin customers. I have been with virgin for over 9 years. I hit bad times recently and down graded my package to 50 + phone @ £36 month which was a mistake. Connection and uploading/download are dismal (rubbish). Unable to cope with day to day traffic. So I contacted virgin support who talked me into a upgrade to 200 +phone@ £52 month plus £14.99 connection. They promised to send out straight away and receive by monday 10th April. Nothing arrived, I waited until Wednesday 12th to be told by one virgin representative that item has been ordered but has not been dispatched and will not arrive if dispatched to day by the 18th April. I was really anoid with this answer and the arrogant response to a loyal customer told them I would be changing my service provider to BT but told I was still under contract until Nov this year and could not leave. Can't wait until Nov when I can finally tell them were to shove their broad band and phone were the sun dont shine and go for better value package and faster broadband with a polite reliable customer service I hope.

The above story shows just how bad Virgin Media are in terms of customer treatment.

That said, the "loyal customer" concept is flawed, imo.   VM want to extract as much money from you as market conditions permit.  You want to pay as little as you can taking into account what's on offer in the market.  Your final sentence makes my point.

No other on-street provider can match VM's offering (except in oversubscribed VM areas).  300 meg VM sees off 76  meg VDSL all day long.  And the VM value proposition in non-oversubscribed areas is excellent.  BT Infinity is more expensive (when I last looked) than VM at the same speed point (50 meg) and they don't do more than 76 Meg.  And their service is as bad as VM's.  I know, I have both and thank goodness that the VM service works perfectly well.

No - customers aren't loyal.  They stay where it suits them.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Tuning in
Message 6 of 9 (176 Views)

Thanks for your post it's nice to see a person who seems to know everything and put them in a box and put them on a shelf with the rest of the neat boxes.

Please look at the post it says value not cost. I would gladly pay more for a better board band which I tried to get without any luck.

and on the other matter I don't know were you get your info or maybe you read what you want to read and translate it into what you would like to hear but My so has bt and has no problem with his server or support

roll on Nov

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9 (174 Views)

Hi Kath

Thanks for the up date, but no thanks to virgin couldnt get a up grade when I wanted it so not interested. I did actually recommend a friend but told him to cancel as he is my son and wouldn't want him in the same situation as me he has stayed with BT

again thanks  for your reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9 (152 Views)

Hi Eric007, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via Private Message. 

I have gone in to the account and corrected the error for you now. 

You should get your new box within 3 days. 

If you are still waiting past this time, come back and let me know. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9 (66 Views)

Not with BT you won't, they're worse tha virgin and that's saying something, believe me, I was with them until I got fed up with talking to Mumbi.

0 Kudos