Menu
Spam101
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media engineer covered my main BT wall socket with fibre box.

I now have no BT wall socket as the engineer adapted the original wall socket and covered it with the virgin media fiber optic output box.

Why virgin do this pointless practice I have no idea, I'm already bottlenecked by the copper from the cabinet to my property so it's a needless gimmick, I managed the same speeds from plusnet with a conventional socket.

If we ever want to leave virgin media I'm stuck without a wall socket, can other companies even make use of this new socket?

If I ever want to downgrade from fibre am I screwed? if I ever want to try another superfast fiber provider am I screwed?

are new companies going to ask me to pay for the engineer cost to set this right?

I feel like I am within my right to force VM to correct their reckless installation, is this the case?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media engineer covered my main BT wall socket with fibre box.

Spam101 wrote:

I now have no BT wall socket as the engineer adapted the original wall socket and covered it with the virgin media fiber optic output box. Why virgin do this pointless practice I have no idea

The installer shouldn't have gone anywhere near the BT kit - it's against company practice to do so. It sounds like they wanted to rush the install rather than do the job of (correctly) installing a VM master socket.

I'd suggest you contact VM via a call in to 150 then -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 5. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa. Explain the situation and have them send someone out to fix the situation.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A photo would be interesting.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

& why did you not stop him from doing that. Surely you supervised the install ?