Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media , blocking drive ! ๐Ÿ˜ก

and the local council will of given planning permission to let them. they should of informed you
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

honstly i think they was a letter gone into your mail box and never noticed it thats if you not open your mail then you in depth **bleep**

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Wow this guy likes to assume everything...

From potentially accusing the OP of bad mouthing people to not reading mail.

What's next?

I wonder if the OP's driveway has the pavement lowered if so, then it is illegal to work or park in front of it, unless given permission by the owner of the driveway.

Even if it wasn't lowered, there should be notification from the workers before they start to inform the people, if they have to get their vehicle out first etc.

Common Courtesy basically.

Majide!
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

honstly you do get mail though your door if work is carrying work nomaly you get it about a few weeks before to house owner and by virgin media too or your dog ripped up the letter then you do not know. and sometimes i tell the turth and some people don't take notice of my reply's anyway they beep the swears or bad mouthing anyway so basely i did not bad mouth

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

DavidJWalker wrote:
honstly you do get mail though your door if work is carrying work nomaly you get it about a few weeks before to house owner and by virgin media too or your dog ripped up the letter then you do not know. and sometimes i tell the turth and some people don't take notice of my reply's anyway they beep the swears or bad mouthing anyway so basely i did not bad mouth

After struggling to understand this I am amazed at how much this poster seems to know about the OP.

Apparently the above poster can tell us with absolute certainty that the OP received notification through their letter box. Were you watching?

Apparently the above poster knows the OP has a dog. Are you his personal stalker?

I still have no idea what the last part of this over-extended sentence means.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
ยกNo Pasarรกn!
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Can we please keep this thread on topic. 

Thanks 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ropeskin
Settling in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I returned home last night to find that virgin media workmen had left their equipment (a rack containing reels of cable) blocking my driveway. This is completely unacceptable and lazy in the highest degree. My neighbour had been blocked from getting in his driveway by barriers, and a digger had been left blocking a third drive. Sand has been dumped on the grass verge, completely killing it off. All in all I'm shocked by the utter contempt shown for the residents
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ropeskin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that recent work in your area has caused some disruption. We can certainly feed back your comments to the crew involved. 

Can you send me a private message with your name and full address. From this information I can then log this as an official record of dissatisfaction and also locate the Area Manager of the street to feed this back to. 

To send a message, click on my name to the left of this post. On the next page, click on the 'Send me a message' on the right hand side. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wendymac
Joining in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Majidel hit the nail on the head a lot of assumptions being made.  They are actually blocking up half the street, the other half can't move for the cars that are being shifted about.

They are ripping up the pavements completely where there are a lot of oap's. which in turn means cars cannot get into or out of their lowered driveways.  Seemly virgin put out a flyer  that  looked like an advertisement and one of my neighbors read it the rest binned it thinking it was what it looked like...

To add insult to injury they have obviously done something to the phone lines as my neighbor's line has gone down.  Will not be a happy bunny if  this happens to me as I am working from home for the next 2 days and need both my phone line and my Broadband.

Don't blame the lads that are doing the work I blame the person who is most probably on a nice fat salary thinking it was a good idea to let everyone know by a flyer with a Virgin media advert plastered on one complete side of it.....

0 Kudos