Menu
Lew_is_a
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin in my area but not available at my house.

I am moving house in a few weeks and when I do the virgin in my area using the postcode it says it is not available.

However I work for a company that is able to provide me the utility records of the area and it shows that there is a line running right outside my new house pictured below.

Does anyone know who I could contact to see why this is or know why I cant get it?

My new postcode is G75 8ZW house number 2

VM 1.PNG

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin in my area but not available at my house.

hiya, if there is very high utilisation in your area wouldn't be able to sign up, until this is resolved.. the forum admins might be able to offer some advice but this would be in around 3-5 days+
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya, if there is very high utilisation in your area wouldn't be able to sign up, until this is resolved.. the forum admins might be able to offer some advice but this would be in around 3-5 days+
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lew_is_a

I appreciate you coming to the forums.

I'm not sure why the utility records show a line running past your home, unless it's a main network cable? I've run a service check on that entire postcode and we do not service this at all. 

Have you registered with Cable My Street?

If not if you can pop your details on the site and our teams will be back in touch Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Lew_is_a
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the response I have registered for cable my street so waiting on a response from that if it ever happens.

Its just strange that all the other houses within that area are able to obtain it because they have a different postcode (G75 8YE, G75 8BY and G75 8EF)

and yet my house cant even though its only meters away from the nearest house who can.

I am not sure what the cable is but from the plan it looks like the same as all the others that are servicing homes.

Regards,

Lewis

0 Kudos