Menu
Hannibalhorn
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin being installed. My house missed out!

Virgin are currently putting down cable in my neighbourhood. However I can see that my house and possibly my neighbour have been misssd out. Basically I am in a block of three houses and the cable stops at the end. This means the only way to get to my house would be to dig up my neighbours path which I can't see happening. If the cable had been extended on the other side from my neighbour opposite it could then go under my lawn. I hope this makes sense. How can I get the cable laid to my house?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin being installed. My house missed out!

hiya @Hannibalhorn you could register you interest via -> http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/ and they'll get back to you at some point
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Hannibalhorn
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. I actually registered there sometime ago which may even have helped towards them putting down the fibre in my street which is coming to an end. I don't actually think they realise my house has been missed due to the location. I'm fully expecting to sign up as I'm sure I'll be shown as in a Virgin area. I then expect the engineer sent to connect me will realise he can't as the access point is too far away and I'm sure that is to service my neighbour. I more want to make them aware while the workmen are in my street. I doubt they will send somebody out to dig up the road put down cable then reseal it just for my house! Not even sure they would be allowed to by the council once they've left.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

they dont lay cable just a duct to allow cable to be installed/pulled back to nearest street cabinet - that underground cable would be installed if and when you order VM - or thats the theory - so an access point to the duct is there or will be - it may that the place they have positioned it is/was determined by the council - in theory they could connect you via that entry point however whether thats practical would have to be determined

Tony
0 Kudos