Menu
linuxbash
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Roadwork Issue - Road dug up with crack and left for over 2 weeks

Virgin Media had contractors in our road 2 weeks ago digging holes and laying cable for Virgin Media Cable. All our neighbours driveways have had the holes filled in but we have been left with plastic fences on both sides of our driveway. We still have a hole in the road and a crack caused by the roadworks.

All the contractors have since left our road and moved to a different part of the village now to continue laying cables. Why have they moved on to another area without finishing what they started? Why do we have to be inconvenienced for so many weeks for a job that should take a couple of days? My wife asked the contractors twice about finishing the work and still we have no contractors returning.

The digging has also caused a crack in the road so I hope this crack will be fixed. It didn't exist before the work was started.

1) Can contractors return to fill in the hole and remove fencing

2) Can the big crack in the road that has been made be dug out and fixed. Please can they not leave this as it was caused by the contractors digging...

I attach some photos for reference.Contractor fencingContractor fencingCrack and hole in road that needs fixingCrack and hole in road that needs fixingHole and crack at driveway entranceHole and crack at driveway entrance

Appreciate if this can be looked into. Not impressed with the way this has been handled so far.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Roadwork Issue - Road dug up with crack and left for over 2 weeks

Also contact the Council.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

linuxbash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes might be worth me contacting the council. No feedback from the contractor or virgin yet..
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The contractors don't monitor posts on here, and will be around 3-5 days for the forum admin to reply..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
linuxbash
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im aware of this. The contractor was contacted separately not on the forum.

No response from Virgin Media so guess Ill need to escalate with the council. Contractors disappeared weeks ago leaving unfinished work and still havent returned. Pretty poor.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi linuxbash

Welcome to the community forums.

Really sorry about the late reply here. I do understand on the 22nd May you've mentioned that the contractors haven't been back.

I hope things have since been resolved. If not please do let us know so we can take a further look into this for you.

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos