Menu
jg1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media driver Complaint

Please can you tell me how i can make a complain about the drivers of two of your vehicles this morning. 

I drove into my road this morning and found one of your vans parked opposite my neighbour's car, and the other one in front with the door wide open whilst the driver of the first vehicle chatted to the driver of the second vehicle. I drive a Q7 and do not normally have a problem in my road, however the space I had to squeeze through was very narrow. Both men just watched me inch my way through trying not to damage mine, my neighbour's or indeed their van. Neither mad a move to even close the door to give me more room.

When I became level, I wound down my window and said very poiltely that in future could they park more considerately for the neighbour's. He replied "we've been here for ages", I replied that that doesn't help me, he said "why don't you learn how to drive" not the attitude I would expect. 

This is unacceptable behaviour which I would like addressed.  They were not even working, just sat there killing time. They drove off 5 mins later.

I lok forward to a response from your complaints department.

Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media driver Complaint

Hi there jg1000, 

Firstly I'd like to start by welcoming you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear of your experience this morning. We take the conduct of our employees very seriously and would like to look into things further for you. 

I shall shortly send you a private message asking for some further details which will allow me to escalate this incident to the local management team. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon. Click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks

Huw

0 Kudos
fist101
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is just a moan, why did you not stop and just ask the driver to close his door why you passed? When you say the driver replied "Why don't you learn how to drive" you never mention what tone of voice he was saying this in and I am sure he was just trying to make light of the situation. VM Employees or and employee driving a company vehicle would not go out their way to anger the public as they are aware that complaints would be raised. As for not working - they are entitled to a break and lunch like any other worker
0 Kudos
jg1000
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear fist101,

Thank you for your comment, which I'll respond to below.

Firstly it's not a moan it is a customer complaint about behaviour that is inconsiderate. It is made in the hope that the drivers responsible are made aware of their actions do not behave this way in future. It's not a good image for Virgin.

Secondly, as you can read, I did wind the passenger window down and speak to the drivers. When I asked if they could move they responded as I described above. As for the tone of their voice, fist101 could you describe to me a tone of voice or manner of speaking whereby "why don't you learn how to drive?" does not come across as rude or offensive?

Anyway, photo taken of irresponsible parking and vehicle reg shared.

At the end of a day they should have parked better not restricted access and blocked a driveway, it's not a busy street and other spaces can be seen in front. They should just have apologised, end of.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good for you jg1000, you have my full support.  Incidences of this type of behaviour are, unfortunately, far too common and I have witnessed similar myself.

Apparently fist101 does not appear to see any need for people to behave in a responsible, courteous, manner.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
fist101
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Q7 a large car so driver must of left a sizable gap, as you say you did squeeze through without him closing the door. Why did you not just stop short, do a little beep of the horn and I am sure the driver would have just closed his door over to let you past? Then there would be no confrontation. As for tone of voice, if someone smiles and says why don't you learn how to drive in a cheerful manner then they were making light of the issue this is what I meant by tone of voice. As for me saying its a moan well it is, it has disrupted you by about a minute of your life. Chill out and give the guys a break, think of how many negative customers these guys deal with each day, they get moaned at, abused and they did not break the service, they are there to help people. And as a driver yourself can you hold your hand up and say that you have never parked in a position that has mad it difficult for someone to pass? As you have a large car I would say this was most days lol.

0 Kudos