Menu
AGUR
Tuning in
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media drilled through and damaged our front garden wall. Live wires still hanging on the sidewalk!

We have had the most appalling service installation from Virgin Media.

1) First, we were sent two cowboys who spent two hours (8:30-10:30 am) looking around our house and then announced that they had come with half the equipment. They then said they would come back before 12 pm with the remaining equipment. We obviously cancelled our afternoon plans and waited.

2) They returned just before 1 pm and spent another hour looking for wires.

3) They had during this time opened various sockets and announced that they would need to drill a hole to get access. We clearly said we did NOT want any holes through our front garden and would stick to BT if they did not have any other means. We reiterated this 3 times!!!

4) They said they would check and returned half an hour later saying they had found an alternative.

5) However, they lied to us and drilled straight through our front garden leaving live wires exposed, which we only realised this am i.e. the next day! See photos of the other wires sprawled in our garden and the damage created through our front garden with wires sprouting out of the ground on our sidewalk!

6) They also left various sockets open with wires hanging out in our utility room and a mess of wires and plastic all over our home. Our TV cabinet is also scratched badly.

7) We were never made to sign any feedback sheet.

8) We were told the manager would come sort the extenders as our virgin media internet is accessible in only 1 room in a 4 bedroom house.The speed is so slow that we feel we are back in the 90s. Bring back BT infinity anytime! No manager came or called us. We waited till 6 pm. 10 hours of this nonsense and huge damage to our front garden!!!

This is the most unprofessional service anyone could have received. We need the damage to our garden wall to be mended asap and the live wires taken care of, which are highly dangerous to us and anyone who walks on this busy sidewalk! I have spent an hour trying to get through the Virgin compliant line and need some help now asap.

Please confirm when the engineer and repair engineers will come to sort out our garden wall - we need this repaired during the cooling off period!Hole drilled through our front garden when we were promised that no hole will be drilledHole drilled through our front garden when we were promised that no hole will be drilledWires exposed and damage to our front garden wall that needs to be repaired asap. wires coming out on the sidewalk!Wires exposed and damage to our front garden wall that needs to be repaired asap. wires coming out on the sidewalk!About a dozen wires were left in the garden soaking in the rainAbout a dozen wires were left in the garden soaking in the rainCondition our utility room sockets were left inCondition our utility room sockets were left inBoxes not screwed back on with wires left hangingBoxes not screwed back on with wires left hanging

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media drilled through and damaged our front garden wall. Live wires still hanging on the sidew

usually takes VM a week or so to get to threads - will flag this and hopefully get someone here quicker - will be no earlier than tomorrow [monday] 

wires are not live in the sense of mains elec but that does not mean they should not be as they were left - rest i will leave VM to comment on - you may be in for a fair bit of back and forth with pm's and area manages so be aware that the 14 day cooling off period has started - they usually stick to that so if things dont get sorted in the time frame you want you may be in contract which they will not cancel

Tony

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media drilled through and damaged our front garden wall. Live wires still hanging on the sidew

usually takes VM a week or so to get to threads - will flag this and hopefully get someone here quicker - will be no earlier than tomorrow [monday] 

wires are not live in the sense of mains elec but that does not mean they should not be as they were left - rest i will leave VM to comment on - you may be in for a fair bit of back and forth with pm's and area manages so be aware that the 14 day cooling off period has started - they usually stick to that so if things dont get sorted in the time frame you want you may be in contract which they will not cancel

Tony
AGUR
Tuning in
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony, how will you flag this? I mistakenly accepted your answer as a resolution - how can I ensure this gets seen by VM asap?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

i think you can take the helpful answer off - - have a look at the post options - never done it so not 100% sure

see my pm for other bits

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media drilled through and damaged our front garden wall. Live wires still hanging on t...

Hi AGUR,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to read of the experience you had with the installation of the Virgin Media services.

In regards to this issue I have sent an email across to the Area Field Manager for them to take a look at this for you.

Once I have any updates I will let you know.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AGUR
Tuning in
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media drilled through and damaged our front garden wall. Live wires still hanging on t...

Thanks Sam. I have been on the phone being passed around from virgin customer service to construction teams and each department says it's the other's responsibility. It is mind boggling - I have been on the phone for an hour and half as I called at 9 am the minute the lines opened.

Is there anything else you can do to help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hiya AGUR,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have taken ownership of this for you and have been in contact with the correct department/manager's to get this looked into for you.

I understand that you want this to be resolved ASAP, and I am sorry that you are being passed to different departments whilst calling through to us. For now try not to call in as you may be given the wrong information and they might not see what we are doing on the forums for you.

I will be in the office this evening (I work split shifts) to be able to check for more updates and let you know.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

AGUR
Tuning in
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam - I have spent 2 hours thirty minutes on the phone with Virgin Media.

I will wait for a further update from you. We really need the damage rectified asap - the garden wall hole will need to be filled, the wires will need to be removed and the wall will need to be fully redecorated. The live wires on the sidewalk are appalling.

Our two TV cabinets are scratched and will need amends. The sockets left open in our home are another issue along with the fact that we only have a connection/signal on one floor. We are absolutely gob smacked as to what happened to our new property, which we have cared for and guarded with all our hearts and resources. These cow boys need to be struck off and we need our property repaired. Please get us an ETA.
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

To be on the safe side, and to avoid any unnecessary charges, I would suggest you cancel your contract with VM under their 14 days cooling off period, and cancel it immediately.

Take note that the 14-day period represents 14 calendar days, as opposed to working days and you don't have to give a reason for cancelling. The cooling-off period starts from the date you subscribe to Virgin’s service. Make sure you take note of when this is/was to ensure you can cancel in time. Your subscription begins on the day of installation.

When cancelling, also insist that you require your property to be reinstated to the condition in was in prior to installation, and any related damage be compensated for.

Best of luck.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
AGUR
Tuning in
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! I was promised a call back from the field area manager before lunchtime but I am still waiting.

We really need our property to be restored to its original condition and redecorated/wall filled ASAP. I hope Sam can get this sorted - I am tearing my hair out as the wires are all out on the pavement and our neighbours are very annoyed as well! Our property has been damaged so badly!
0 Kudos