Menu
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media customer service is great compared to Virgin Trains!

Virgin Media's customer services come in for some flack but Virgin Trains make Virgin Media look good!

We booked tickets to travel from London with reserved seats to keep us all sat together. They didn't tell us but because we were using a rail voucher (which they sent me by way of apology for telling me I could travel on a train that I couldn't actually travel on and fining me) the seat reservation would be cancelled and we'd be allocated new seats when they got the vouchers in the post. So the tickets came today with seat reservations that would see us separated. Three phone calls and an online chat to their call centre in India and we were no further forward despite explaining that my son is autistic and has ADHD and can't sit by himself or by a stranger for a 3 hour train journey.

Thankfully the Assitive Travel people based in Edinburgh were much more helpful. They explained why the seat reservations were cancelled, reserved us better seats than we had before and even booked buggy transport to get us to and from the train and the station exit (I sometimes need a stick to walk and my wife has cancer and only finished chemo a year ago so still struggles with lack of energy). They also said they would contact us after we travel to make sure everything went ok, told us to go direct to them in future to book tickets and said they would make sure the people who didn't do their job properly were told what they did wrong.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media customer service is great compared to Virgin Trains!

Seems to be the standard VM adhere to these days.

People in the UK on the ground, stars each and every one of them (well okay that's hyperbole, mostly good)

Offshore call centres...OMG. No investment. No training. No chance.....

Glad at least the people on the ground had the common sense to respond appropriately to the issues you had,

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media customer service is great compared to Virgin Trains!

I've never used the full assisted travel service before. I've used the assistance lounges before.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos