Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9 (235 Views)

Virgin Media Van Compliant - Car Accident

This morning at 9.20am my next door neighbour witnessed a virgin media van hit my parked car outside of my house badly scraping the back bumper. He drove off after a short time without any attempt to knock on my house to inform me, or leave any contact or insurance details. I have reported it to the police as this is a criminal offence. Please can someone contact me to provide information on your insurance policy? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 9 (232 Views)

Re: Virgin Media Van Compliant - Car Accident

Hi Danielle 

This is a community forum, someone from Virgin will be along but it may take several days. I suggest that you telephone Customer Services and expain the situation; although since you have reported it to the police it should really fall to your insurance company to trace the culprits.

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9 (229 Views)

Hi Danielle,

You could try VM's HQ ... Tel:  0844 826 8355

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9 (216 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi DaniellePeake

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this incident.

I am shocked to hear that this has happened as a result of the driving standards of one of our engineers and that they did not stop to follow the proper procedure in this kind of incident. I am incredibly sorry that this has happened to you.

I will escalate this for you as soon as possible to our teams.

I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope up next to your forum name and if you could get back to me on this with your details then that would be great.

Speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Message 5 of 9 (140 Views)

Hi Danielle

Just a quick update to say I am still chasing this for you. We have had a few issues over the last couple of days with our email system being a bit hit and miss so I've re-escalated this for you. They have come back to me already this morning since I emailed to say they will be in touch with you asap.

Keep me posted if you need anything else.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 9 (128 Views)

Thanks for the update Karen :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9 (127 Views)

Hi Danielle

Just so you know my colleague messaged to say he's left you a voicemail, so if you've not had this then please let us know. I have passed on the number to them that you gave me in a pm, so I know they have the right up to date number for you.

If you could check that for us that would be great.

He has left his details for you so you can get back in touch with him Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9 (125 Views)

Hi Karen,

I've just spoken to him thank you!

Thanks,

Danielle

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 9 (100 Views)

I hope you reported this to the Police as your insurance company will require this. You should also have reported to your insurers.

As well as causing a RTA the driver has committed a serious criminal offence by leaving the scene of an accident. No doubt the driver will try and find a way out of this but you should request the Police to pursue this matter. I am also sure VM have disciplinary process for failing to follow their accident reporting procedures.

These type drivers should be taken off the road.

0 Kudos