Menu
jay152152
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Only Doing Half My Street....why?

Hi all strange thing happening in my area.

Virgin media have decided to start work putting in ducts in my street but apparently on this phase are only doing half the street basically from the bottom of the street to half way. I am at the top of the street.

Anyway I can find out or see proposed virgin media drawings to see if / when the rest of the street will be done?

I asked the guys putting in the green duct but they didn't know and were all Romanian.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media Only Doing Half My Street....why?

Hi Jay

The teams have come back to provide the following info for me about this so far, but they have copied me in for more updates so I hope to hear more soon for you.

• The cab location looks to be on the opposite side of the road to 152 on public property at the boundary of 123 and 121 (I believe – No house numbers on the drawing I’m looking at!). This location is subject to change dependant on LA (Local Authority) final approval!
  • We have certainly planned to conduct works to all properties on M******* North, inclusive of 152 (I believe also called M*** Lodge?). Whether all of these works are completed is very much dependent on conditions on the ground when works start.

Once I know more I'll let you know Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

the coax cables from street to property line can only go so far, so might need to add extra cabinet to cover your address and others around you..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
jay152152
Joining in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yes that' very likely indeed so what now and when?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Have you registered via http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
jay152152
Joining in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

my Yes my streets 100% going to be done just need to know when

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I’m not a member of staff, would be around 3-5 days+ for the forum admins to reply and they might be able to find out
0 Kudos
jay152152
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

OK hopefully thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Not strange at all. We have 2 cabinets in our road. The feed to one box came in from one end, & the ducting put in to half the road. A couple of weeks later they had made their way down an adjacent road & put the feed in to the other box from the other end, along with the ducting to the remaining houses.

It depends what type of build they are using as to how long it will take. Additions to the older HFC network will be on in a few weeks. The new all fibre build is usually considerably longer.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jay152152
Joining in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Its the micro green duct stuff for a new build with new cabinets

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jay152152

Thanks for dropping by on the forums

If you'd like to pop your details to me I'll check in with the Lightning teams to see if they can update us with some more information for you.

If you can PM me with:

• Your name
  • The full address

That would be great!

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos