Menu
donmico
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Broadband lack of availability by 100metres in Purley!

Hi,

I have been desperate to get Virgin broadband for years. The exchange is Purley provides cable broadband. However, it is unavailable for me. Literally 100metres down the road, residents have Virgin!

How can I pursue this further? When/where can i find out when it becomes available? I've been directed left-right-centre with no results. I have signed up to Cable My street but they provide generic answer saying its unavailable...not much help.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Broadband lack of availability by 100metres in Purley!

donmico wrote:

Hi,

I have been desperate to get Virgin broadband for years. The exchange is Purley provides cable broadband. However, it is unavailable for me. Literally 100metres down the road, residents have Virgin!

How can I pursue this further? When/where can i find out when it becomes available? I've been directed left-right-centre with no results. I have signed up to Cable My street but they provide generic answer saying its unavailable...not much help.

Well if cable my street don't have an answer for you then there isn't much more that can be said, VM won't come out and lay cable for just a single property due to the costs involved, you would need to get multiple customers to sign up to CMS in hopes of making it look financially viable to do

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi donmico

It's great to hear how interested you are in joining our little family Smiley Happy Not so great to hear we're not able to cable your street just yet!

As shanematthews has advised it may be useful asking your neighbours to fill out the Cable My Street form. If there's enough interest then we will be able to look at getting the cable extended by the 100m to your properties Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Ian_LP

Forum Team

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Fed_up_resident
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Then again if the inconvenience and mess that were having to put up with is anything to go by, you just might regret it. Seriously don't bother.

0 Kudos