Menu
Highlighted
WT869
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM network roll out

Hi I just wanted to check if there were any plans for VM to be put in, it's in a fairly new development area (2-3 years prob) and I have seen recently some works being carried out about 3-4 streets away.

The current speed I can get is up to 5mbps..

Post code is M40 9QH

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
WT869
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM network roll out

Anyone?
0 Kudos
WT869
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any chance if someone can help on this?
We're more than likely to leave our current provider to go with a wireless provider.

But we'd be happy to hold off if we knew virgin media is around in a few months.
0 Kudos
AlredyVCabledUp
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are there any Virgin media street cabinets nearby? Photograph them and post them up here with their location - then look for CATV access points on nearby houses and CATV Manholes - get everybody signing up  at cable my street - whip up interest - some photos of what you are looking for can be found on this forum thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Cable-Outside-Front-Door-BUT-Virgin-ERROR-says-... you could find some of the background information interesting if you want to get Virgin connected up where you are.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi WT869, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Currently, checking the postcode there are no plans to connect your street. 

That's not to say we never will though. Your best bet is to register your details via our Cable My Street page here: Cable My Street

Get any neighbours who may also be interested to register on the same link and this will give you more of a chance of getting installed with our Project Lightning Smiley Happy

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos