Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (262 Views)

VM contractor mess- road dug up

Hi

Virgin Media contractors finished laying fibre cables about 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately they have left quite a mess. I went away for 2 weeks, hoping on my return the rain would have washed the mud and sand away but no. Also the bricks have been relayed without any pointing/filler so will soon shift if not rectified.

I did have words with the contractor as they left the trailer ratchet straps in our driveway, luckly the sharp points didn't puncture our tyres.

I've rung 0345 454 1111 and got passed around to a never ending list of confused teams with no luck. How can I move forward with this?

20170306_162855.jpg20170306_162830.jpg20170306_162826.jpg

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 2 of 6 (242 Views)

Re: VM contractor mess- road dug up

You could report it to the local authority who authorised the work to be carried out.

They may want to send out an inspector to examine the standard of the 'workmanship' and ensure that this sub contractor does not get future permissions and arrange for the mess to be made good.

Rising star
Message 3 of 6 (227 Views)

See the thread 'Virgin Media Installation Engineers' in the Managing your Account - Cable section. Very similar circumstances. Might help to get neighbours involved as well.

Good luck with it

Rising star
Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)

Correction - Contractors, not Engineers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6 (167 Views)

Hi fernie, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to see the mess that's been left behind after having cables laid in the area. I'd love to look in to this further for you and get this escalated. 

I have sent you a privater message requesting some information. As soon as I have your reply I can help further. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (139 Views)

Hi Fern, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your details. 

I've forwarded on your information to the Growth Team to see if they can get someone round to assess things in the street. If further action is needed then they will get this set in motion. 

I have given them your contact number as reference but it's unlikely they will contact you directly unless they need more specific information. 

Once I hear back from them, I'll be able to update you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out