Menu
RaspberryRip
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM cable laid to the pavement outside my door months ago, but still 'service coming soon'.

I was advised months ago by a VM 'to the occupier' notice put through my letter box that my street would shortly be cabled. Sure enough, the cable was laid over the following two weeks. The cable was laid in the pavement in front of my flat, and ends outside my front door. (I stay in the end flat.)

As I said this was months ago. I checked my post code a couple of times on the VM website shortly after the cable was laid. When the searches showed that no services were available, I figured that VM were just a bit slow at updating their database. However, when I decided to check this afternoon, the search still showed no services are available to me. I started an on-line chat with an advisor, but all he could tell me was that the tools he had access to to check for me were limited (????), and all he could tell was that the 'service is coming soon'.

I'm not even a customer yet, but I'm beginning to see why VM seems to get such a bad rap for customer service.

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? What's the best way to escalate this issue with VM?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM cable laid to the pavement outside my door months ago, but still 'service coming soon'.

I'm not sure what you mean by escalate or poor customer service.

You have been given the correct answer. That the services are not available as yet.

Cable drops to properties and cabinets go in quite far in advance of services being ready to go in a lot of cases. Theres no point in constructing a head end or segmenting a node without the "last mile" cabling in place, so it can be months after you see the cable going in until they are live.

Keep trying the postcode checker.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM cable laid to the pavement outside my door months ago, but still 'service coming soon'.

I'm not sure what you mean by escalate or poor customer service.

You have been given the correct answer. That the services are not available as yet.

Cable drops to properties and cabinets go in quite far in advance of services being ready to go in a lot of cases. Theres no point in constructing a head end or segmenting a node without the "last mile" cabling in place, so it can be months after you see the cable going in until they are live.

Keep trying the postcode checker.

0 Kudos
RaspberryRip
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your helpful response.

If the on-line chat advisor had provided me with the explanation that you just have (rather than just saying the tools he could use to check the status were limited), then I wouldn't have felt compelled to post to the forum and mention escalation or poor customer service. Smiley Happy

I'll keep trying the postcode checker.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

LOL you've just had your first lesson in your VM journey...never deal with 1st line support Smiley Wink

If and when you get connected if youve any issues, come back this way, we will point you in the right direction...

0 Kudos