Menu
SpenGas
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM Fibre install

I posted about this on the forum back in March 2016...

I am waiting for a phone call back from VM regarding getting fibre installed, was supposed to get the call a couple of weeks back.

The house I'm in is nearly 9 years old and in a very built up area. There is fibre in the area just not on my street, my street has been 'under construction' for the past 5 years.

The house next door (semi-detached) has all VM services and there is a service point outside my garden although it is classed as another road. I have brought this up with VM over the phone numerous times but they don't seem to look into it.

I have spoken to a few VM engineers and managers when they have been in the area and they all say that the service is there and the little black CATV box on the path is meant for my house and is active but I hit a brick wall when I call VM and tell them. I passed my number to one of the managers and he then passed it on to sales who text me saying I can get the service but when I called it was a different story.

I'm not sure what else to do, I'm currently with sky and getting 1.2mbps maximum on a very unreliable line!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Fibre install

Hi SpenGas

Sounds like we may be able to get a Spotter out to you to assess this for you.

If you can pop back to me and let me know the following on a PM I can check into this for you with our teams.

• Your name
  • The full address
  • Your email
  • Your preferred contact number

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Fibre install

Hi SpenGas

When I checked into this it's still listed under Cable My Street so I have sent the teams an email to see if they can look into this a little more for us.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I know more Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"