Menu
helo32uhitmycar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN VAN HIT MY CAR IN NOV-STILL NOTHING SORTED- oh and you only installed 1 box not 2.

So I was foolish enough to join Virgin back in November.

A member of the Virgin team was supposed to come out and install two boxes, they only brought one and four months later I'm still trying to get the second box as per my contract. Virgin are trying to charge me more even though they are in breach of contract.

The internet speed they promised was 100mb, it's not even close.

The Tivo box keeps freezing and kicking me out of apps, no explanation and no help offered after asking several times.

Last and best of all the guy that installed the system, Scott tech hit my car and drove off! His manager Sean has known about this since November and told me that Virgin's insurance would be in touch. 4 months later...no contact after chasing several times...

To say I'm annoyed at Virgin is an understatement, worst faceless corporation I've ever dealt with.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN VAN HIT MY CAR IN NOV-STILL NOTHING SORTED- oh and you only installed 1 box not 2.

Hope you reported the accident to your insurance company, all insist this even if you do want to make a claim.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
helo32uhitmycar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN VAN HIT MY CAR IN NOV-STILL NOTHING SORTED- oh and you only installed 1 box not 2.

I hear you man.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

why are you doing it that way round - inform your insurance and they should sort it - down to them to claim back from VM - nothing for you to get involved with apart from form filling and adding proof to protect your no claims and reclaiming any excess

Tony
0 Kudos
helo32uhitmycar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Because my understanding would be that my premiums would go up as a result of making a claim, which wouldn't be fair as it's VM's mistake.

They should be fitting 100% of the cost.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

afaik your understanding is wrong - your insurance company will pay for all repairs initially - you will pay any excess - if you are not to blame as you obviously are not your insurance company will claim everything back from VM's insurers - all you need is the registration number of the van involved - its obviously helpful if you have emails or other such from VM accepting responsibility

that should not result in any loss of no claims 

Tony
devine
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have made a note of your post and added it to my research into VM and the failings of this company.... read my posts and you will know what I'm talking about

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

While a 'not your fault' claim will not affect your no claims bonus, some companies do put a marker on your policy and you get a higher than 'other people' percentage increase on your next renewal. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

no claim is not the same as no blame

so you can lose a no CLAIM bonus even when you are not to BLAME, unless you.... insure against that Smiley Happy

it's a rigged system

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Here's what confused.com says about No Claims Bonuses (NCB)

If I make a claim, how is my NCB affected?

If you make a claim on your policy where your insurer pays out, you’ll generally lose some, or all, of your no-claims bonus.

But if you’re hit by another car and it’s agreed that you weren’t at fault, your insurer may be able to reclaim the payout from the other car’s insurer and your NCB may not be affected.

In cases where fault can’t be agreed on, insurers may split the cost of the claims and both drivers’ NCB could be affected. This includes if your car is stolen or damaged by bad weather.

If you pay for a new policy with a reduced NCB and are later found not at fault, you can usually get your NCB reinstated and a refund on the extra premium you paid.

If you've been involved in an accident neither side has to admit blame, the insurance companies will gather evidence from both parties, and then they will assess who is to blame.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.