Menu
Ashg
Dialled in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Useless Sales call!

Virgin media have been calling my mobile over the last few days during work time which I could not really answer!

Anyway I did answer tonight and could not understand the man on the phone due to his heavy accent, which is pretty pointless seeing I could tell this was a sales call Smiley Mad

Spoiler

Anyway he asked for the first two letters of my password which I gave him and he said it was incorrect, which it was not! He said he could phone back in an hour when I remember my password....Joker! I then ended the call.

I then doubled checked my password and what I told him was correct!

Is there anyway to stop sales calls from Virgin because I never and say NEVER buy on the telephone from anyone who calls me!

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Useless Sales call!

I agree - why should you. I suspect VM are relying, in your case on clauses G3 onwards of the T&C's and presume that you have given your consent to marketing calls.

Don't reply by telling me that you never gave that consent because, honestly, we'll never know, but I'll believe you!

You'll just have to make that call if you want it to stop. You can always write - then you'll have evidence of opting out.

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#deta...

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
bluesaffliction
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sales calls are not useless.   Every no the salesperson gets it is putting them closer to a yes.  When I was in telesales I loved getting no after no after no. But that did not disappoint because statistically I need 20 no's to get 1 yes and was always a close.  This meant getting all no's out of the way first meant for a very productive day with lots of commission.   So your title Useless sales call does not really make sense Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

bluesaffliction wrote:

Sales calls are not useless.   Every no the salesperson gets it is putting them closer to a yes.  When I was in telesales I loved getting no after no after no. But that did not disappoint because statistically I need 20 no's to get 1 yes and was always a close.  This meant getting all no's out of the way first meant for a very productive day with lots of commission.   So your title Useless sales call does not really make sense Smiley Happy

From a customer perspective most sales calls are a nuisance, so from that perspective, useless.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Ashg
Dialled in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Yes very useless. I'm 59 and never in all my years taken up any sales by phone or my doorstep and never will! If I want something I go looking for it and do loads of research first. People like this just waste my valuable time.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Ashg wrote:
Yes very useless. I'm 59 and never in all my years taken up any sales by phone or my doorstep and never will! If I want something I go looking for it and do loads of research first. People like this just waste my valuable time.

My views exactly.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

If you don't want these calls (and who does) ring VM on 150 and ask them to opt you out.

The calls come from an o/seas call centre and they won't do the opt out for you.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Ashg
Dialled in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Well that's kind of helpful but I didn't sign up in the first place so why should have to sit on the phone wasting more of my time with this rubbish Smiley Mad..Looks like I'm wasting more of it now!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I agree - why should you. I suspect VM are relying, in your case on clauses G3 onwards of the T&C's and presume that you have given your consent to marketing calls.

Don't reply by telling me that you never gave that consent because, honestly, we'll never know, but I'll believe you!

You'll just have to make that call if you want it to stop. You can always write - then you'll have evidence of opting out.

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#deta...

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Ashg
Dialled in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Or I could just not answer my mobile. It's odd I've been with VM even since they bought out NTL and have never had a call like this before.

Thanks I may write to them when I not too busy living Smiley Wink

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

HI Ashg

Thanks for posting to us about the sales call you received.

I am sorry this has been an inconvenience to you and I would like to help see what we can do for you in this situation.

I'm going to send you a private message for some further details from you and you can find this in the envelope next to your forum name.  It would be great if you can get back to me on this- when you're not too busy living Smiley Happy  

If there's anything I can help with other than this please give me a shout, happy to do what I can to assist you Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos