Menu
StillAnnoyed
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unwanted cables

This is now the third attempt of contacting virgin to ask you to remove your cables from my garden. They are providing a service to the house next door but my garden has been dug up/ damaged without my prior knowledge or permission. I've previously contacted Virgin on Monday 24th and Wednesday 26th October. I was told on 24/10/16, after being passed to 8 different people, to just cut the cables myself. I feel uncomfortable doing this as my neighbour has been aggressive to me in the past and has made several threats to me. I was then told on 26/10/16 that someone would contact me and arrange to redirect the cables through the neighbours garden. No one has been in touch yet. How do I arrange for these cables to be moved please? They need to be moved by Friday 4th November
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unwanted cables

Kath_F wrote:

Hi StillAnnoyed, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're really sorry to hear that we've not yet been able to come out to remove the cables. In order to help you with this I will need some information from you. 

Once I have it, I will contact the Area Manager for your area to see if we can get someone round to arrange for your neighbours to have their own connection. It's worth noting that it can take a few weeks for this to be completed. 

If you need the cables gone sooner, cutting them yourself would be the only option. 

Either way, we'll get someone out to take a look. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Once I have your reply I can then help further.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Can we try to get some perspective here?

The OP is not a VM customer.

VM have laid cables across their property, to provide services to a third party and without permission, presumably also without a wayleave notice..

The OP has had their garden dug up and damaged during this so called installation.

The OP has tried to complain about this and has been told that as they are not a VM customer, nothing can be done.

A member of the Forum Team then states that they are in a position to help provided some information is given, something which a call handler is apparently unable to do.

It will then take "a few weeks" to have the situation resolved.

In the meantime there is the option for the OP to "cut the cables themselves", even though the OP has already stated that "I feel uncomfortable doing this as my neighbour has been aggressive to me in the past and has made several threats to me".

Sorry, but just "getting someone out to take a look" doesn't seem to cut it when a totally innocent party may be threatened with violence or worse, through no fault of their own.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem with posting here is that it is primarily a customer to customer information exchange.

Responses from the staff team can take several days, so it will probably be Tuesday before they even see this.

If you try phoning at around 8am on a weekday morning you should get a UK Call Centre.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
StillAnnoyed
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I've found when I call I get passed around departments who don't know what to do with me. One call handler even told me they couldn't help me as I am not a Virgin customer.

Do you know which department I need to speak to make these arrangements?
0 Kudos
Milly2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

we have similar problem in reverse.  We are trying to get cables that supply us out of our neighbours property and into ours.  5 visits so far and still not resolved 😭

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi StillAnnoyed, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're really sorry to hear that we've not yet been able to come out to remove the cables. In order to help you with this I will need some information from you. 

Once I have it, I will contact the Area Manager for your area to see if we can get someone round to arrange for your neighbours to have their own connection. It's worth noting that it can take a few weeks for this to be completed. 

If you need the cables gone sooner, cutting them yourself would be the only option. 

Either way, we'll get someone out to take a look. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Once I have your reply I can then help further.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kath_F wrote:

Hi StillAnnoyed, 

Thanks, 

Can we try to get some perspective here?

The OP is not a VM customer.

VM have laid cables across their property, to provide services to a third party and without permission, presumably also without a wayleave notice..

The OP has had their garden dug up and damaged during this so called installation.

The OP has tried to complain about this and has been told that as they are not a VM customer, nothing can be done.

A member of the Forum Team then states that they are in a position to help provided some information is given, something which a call handler is apparently unable to do.

It will then take "a few weeks" to have the situation resolved.

In the meantime there is the option for the OP to "cut the cables themselves", even though the OP has already stated that "I feel uncomfortable doing this as my neighbour has been aggressive to me in the past and has made several threats to me".

Sorry, but just "getting someone out to take a look" doesn't seem to cut it when a totally innocent party may be threatened with violence or worse, through no fault of their own.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
StillAnnoyed
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just an update -  Virgin are still insisting they cant remove their cables as I'm not a customer! 

I have logged several "jobs" with them to have someone "come to look" but not one person has contacted me. 

I am now getting marketing material addressed to me personally. They only have my name because I have given it in relation to this complaint. This is disgusting!

Virgin have knowingly vandalized my property and refuse to do anything about it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi StillAnnoyed, 

Thanks for popping back with an update on this. 

We're aware you are not an existing customer however with regards to the permission for having the cables on your property, either you or a previous person living at your address were an existing customer. 

If it was someone living at the address previously then when you bought the house, the wayleave would be written in to your homeowners contract. If you are renting then the wayleave permission would come from your landlord. 

I have been chasing this for you and made it clear to the Area Manager that you are not a customer. Currently we're not able to book a job for someone who isn't a customer. It has to go via the Area Manager but the difficulty we're facing is that the their time is customer priority so it can mean a longer wait. 

This isn't an ideal situation and I can only apologise that it's taking so long. 

Once I have any news on this, I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out