Menu
Smakt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

URGENT INFORMATION NEEDED

Hi, 

Virgin Media just finished installing cables down our entire road. 

During this process, all the cats were getting ill. 

Our vets need all the information of all the products used for the works, due to possible poisoning. 

This is urgently needed,  as the cats have been showing various health issues. 

I called the customer service team and was sent in circles until one team member filled out a complaint form. I also called another number, given by the council, which was automated and took my details and gave me a reference number. 

Can somebody please get back to me as I need the information asap. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT INFORMATION NEEDED

This is the wrong avenue for an urgent response. ATM its up to a week for a response. Unlikely VM can answer your question anyway- its usually subcontractors that do the fiber laying. You would be better finding the subcontractors details and contacting them direct, as COSHH data sheets and RA's are specific to the job and team using them.

Your also likely to need a bit more specific information from the vet, more particularly what class of product they suspect.  What do the symptoms the animals show correlate to? Unless you want a generic dump of every COSHH sheet down to the hand sanitiser the guys have in their van, you need to be  more specific.

Smakt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We contacted the local council who said to contact Virgin Media. I tried to contact Virgin Media via the numbers given by the council, where Virgin Media have not been very helpful. 

I need the information from Virgin Media, to which sub contractors they used on our road from 9th January to 5th February.

I haven't been specific in the affects on the cats so that I could discuss this personally with Virgin Media, rather than publicising it online. The symptoms the cats have are all related to coal tar poisoning. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smakt

Thank you for getting in touch with us and bringing this matter to our attention. I'm going to send you a PM (purple envelope top right corner) so we can get this investigated immediately.

Ty

Community moderator 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

could also be somebody on street that doesn't like cat or somebody streets away doing it on purpose
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Smakt
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Our area is very safe and pet friendly people live here. 

Thank you for your response. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

paultechy wrote:
could also be somebody on street that doesn't like cat or somebody streets away doing it on purpose

Maybe somebody is using 'Cat Sicks' cabling ... sorry bad taste joke. Smiley Embarassed

Seriously though, as an animal lover and a cat owner I do find this report quite disturbing.   It may all be coincidence but to be safe I think the Environmental Health department should be notified because there is the possibility that the ground works have disturbed leaking sewer pipes which could be a danger to humans as well as animals.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Smakt
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I already spoke to environmental department from the council who passed me to highway maintenance =(  who didn't even bother to talk to me and sent a message through the operator to tell me to call 'virgin media.'  Apparently the project was funded by the council. 

http://www.msdvetmanual.com/toxicology/coal-tar-products-poisoning/overview-of-coal-tar-products-poi...

0 Kudos