Menu
Highlighted
Daniel12341
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Threats of a virgin media driver

I have just been confronted by a virgin media driver who would not give me his name.  I took a picture of his reg number which is YM16 ***.  He wanted a parking space that I ws parking into and blocked me in, threatened to smash my car up if I stayed parked there, raised his voice so much that other car park user came over as well as my work colleagues came over hearing his verbal onslaught.  In addition to this he told me to watch out because he would find out where I live, this is disgusting that you can employ a driver who would act in such an aggressive and abusive manner.  

This incident has left me stressed, I have to keep going out to check on the car to ensure it is safe, I have 4 children with a 5th on the way and now have the prospect of an irate virgin media driver following me home or finding where I live and damaging my property.  To be dressed in your uniform and driving your van means you are directly responsible for any issues I now have following this driver, if there is any damage to my car I will send you the bill directly.

Do you not do reference checking on your staff as by the looks of it you will employ anybody.

Please get in touch to let me know exactly how you will proceed with this matter.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Threats of a virgin media driver

This is a matter which should be reported to the police.  This is an assault and a criminal offence.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why are you asking VM ???.

As Dave says go straight to the police with an incident like this - I'm sure VM will cooperate with the investigation in these circumstances.

0 Kudos
Daniel12341
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am asking vm as they have employed the driver and have still yet to respond. Also it has been reported to the police as was done immediately. I am disgusted that a matter such as this has not been picked up and dealt with by virgin.

It shows poor customer service
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Daniel12341 wrote:
I am asking vm as they have employed the driver and have still yet to respond. Also it has been reported to the police as was done immediately. I am disgusted that a matter such as this has not been picked up and dealt with by virgin.

It shows poor customer service

I don't think you'll find many arguing about the appalling customer service.  But you have to remember that this is a community forum not an official pipeline to VM management.  If you are lucky a member of the Forum Team may respond to your post in due course.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Who employs the driver is immaterial! No amount of 'background' checks would prevent such bad behaviour.

You have witnesses / You have the vehicle reg... 

Only one route ... Report  to the local police and let them sort it out with VM ... Your description of events give clear grounds of an offence under S5 POA (Public Order Act) {Harassment/Alarm/Distress}

... Job Done! ...       ,,,ZvnK ...

Harassment, alarm or distress.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive],

within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

spell
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If this has been reported to the police it is very important that you do not have any form of contact with VM
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yep and no virgin media employee or mod on here should be replying or saying anything either. 

0 Kudos