Menu
FastInternetPlz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is how bad my Internet is....

This is a picture of how bad my Internet is and I cannot do nothing about it Smiley Sad I hate my life right now...... I am stuck on BT's crappy Copper connection....

What a joke.png

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: This is how bad my Internet is....

I can only get 3Mbps down on my ADSL connection, luckily I can also get Virgin.

I assume your not in an open reach or Virgin area, have you tried Virgins 'Cable my street'.

Have you had a look at 4G although not sure what speeds you can get from that and it could prove expensive.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Let us know what your mobile connections are like in the area as with 3G you should be able to get faster speeds than that.

Also, is Virgin Media not available in your area yet ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
FastInternetPlz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Both Virgin and BT Openreach FTTC have said that I am in the rollout of their networks but thing is I have been waiting over 4 years now and still nothing has been done, I have contacted the Council, MP and also posted a lot of leaflets threw doors around here advertising interest for both Virgin and Openreach's FTTC, but I am sat here sad and upset because quite a lot of the areas around me have better connection and its so damn frustrating too :/ Its not like this is like the first time I had to deal with slow internet either, soon as I moved in this house when I was a kid the internet was so bad too and even though its got a tad bit better its still not great as I own a Youtube Channel and Uploading takes so damn long also I cannot stream to my audience, which frustrates me and also them a lot as I want to interact with them and stupid slow internet is stopping that........

0 Kudos
stuart345
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

my ladt place bt could only supply 300kbs and 0.3 upload. Virgin refused service as it was a caravan park and not listed as single units by postoffice eveb though they delivered individually and some dud have vurgin as a provider.. But vigin only goes fibre to the cabinet then to copper lines in most areas fibre to the property is still slow in intrduction and that speed increase would likely overwork servers.
0 Kudos