Menu
EricJ1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Technician takes apart ariel wall socket

Fault with broadband was cable from box in the street but service engineer dismantled my flush wall ariel socket and stuck on the end a cable and splitter which was already tucked under the floorboards in its ugly box.Can he just go ahead and do this without my permission?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Technician takes apart ariel wall socket

If you fitted the flush ariel socket, wired it yerself (or had a tame spark do it)  and buried the ugly box......technically your asking the question the wrong way round.

YOU weren't entitled to do THAT as everything up to your router is VM's property. I still would have expected the service guy/gal to talk to you ahead of time and tell you what needed doing and why....

0 Kudos
EricJ1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I had a feeling that was the case,the last engineer did ask and let it pass,this one I got the impression didn't like it when I asked him politely if he could put covers on his outdoor boots before he walked on the cream carpet. He left a black hand print on the lounge wall,so I guess I got off lightly
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

EricJ1 wrote:

Fault with broadband was cable from box in the street but service engineer dismantled my flush wall ariel socket and stuck on the end a cable and splitter which was already tucked under the floorboards in its ugly box.Can he just go ahead and do this without my permission?  

its' a tad unreasonable to want both of : come service my connection AND by the way, I have buried it under the floorboards

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had my splitter replaced in the past as it went faulty, if it had been under the floorboards that would have been quite some job for the engineer.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't want anyone lifting my floorboards, they might find out where I put the mother-in-law.       Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron