Menu
mdjt
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Street just been cabled

Hi there everyone.

So Virgin have been and cabled my street and as far as I can see it's all finished as it's been a couple of weeks without any activity. Does anyone know what happens next? I've been on to the cable my street website and put my postcode in but all it says is, "we are expanding our network". I have an opportunity to leave my sky contract early for the next 30 days as they raised their line rental charges and am desperate to get this done asap. The best broadband speed we can receive in this area is just over 2mbs, so you can imagine the thought of being on a high speed cable network is pretty exciting. Any help with this greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street just been cabled

I don't want to burst your bubble but it can be a long time between the basic street infrastructure being installed and a service being available.  There is a lot of back-end work to be done ... getting a street cabinet (do you even have one nearby?) connected to the network.  Do you know if they've even installed cables to properties yet? ... they may have only buried the conduit piping at this point.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
mdjt
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street just been cabled

Thanks for the response Dave. The only thing I know for sure is that a number of grey cabinets have been installed on the street with the cables seemingly linked up to them. 

0 Kudos