Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (118 Views)

Street Green box

Hi iv been a customer for 20 years and had the house I'm in for 19 years and when the street green box was put on the payment I think to close to my drive but I just grow my hedge over it to hide it and stop people sitting on it its about one feet from my drive post and I just got a van and need to widen my drive a bit but can not do so because of this I think originally it was post to go in between me and next door but when it was being put in my neighbour came out and said can you move it over from my house because there nobody next door so that did. I know I should of conpland before but it just now it's going to bother me now I need to widen my drive and only need to do it about 2 feet and I am paying a lot to virgan full package with everything and 3 boxes and 2 mobile so I paying about £145 a month I'm I iEntitled to compensation or the Box moved thanks if any anyone can help from Mike Stockport manchester
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: Street Green box

[ Edited ]

The problem is the box is not on your land but on land owned by your local authority, & they have given wayleave to site the box on the footway outside your house.

The costs involved in relocation will also involve moving some of the street ducting & customers will have to have their cabinet cable drops replaced & possibly their gardens dug up. You will certainly be looking at shelling out several thousand pounds to VM for doing the job.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: Street Green box

Ok thanks for the advice I just have to put up with it I should ask for compensation for the inconvenience specially when they keep asking me to move my van that out side over the manhole for the box and that all way seem to ask when I'm off work and in bed lol and I do not get a lot of lying in bed lol it just a pain in the backside thanks
0 Kudos