Menu
TECreasey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Street Cabled. How much longer?

We have just had our street cabled, and I was wondering how long it takes for the service to be up and running. We are looking to move away from BT.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street Cabled. How much longer?

When services are available there will be leaflets through the door, if not a salesman knocking on it. Are you being cabled as infill (streets around you already had cable) or are you in a completely new area for services?

Connection times will take longer in the new areas as the construction & the installation of cable hardware will happen at different times.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
TECreasey
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The street were linked to already had virgin installed and the workmen finished over a week ago now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi TECreasey, 

Thanks for your post and it's great hearing that you want to join Virgin Media Smiley Happy 

Once the ground cables are put in, the next job is to get them all connected up and live in the street cabinet. The cabinet then needs to go live on our network so it can take quite a while. 

If the next street over are having installations then yours wont be much longer Smiley Happy 

Sign up to Cable My Street and you'll receive some emails with an update when we're ready to offer you services. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

TECreasey
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I saw them in the box the other day and the street the street we're joined to was done a few years ago. I have signed up to cable my street.

I shall wait in anticipation.
0 Kudos