Menu
Whitesmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Street Cabinets

Virgin cables are currently being deployed throughout our village, Galleywood CM2 8RU. What is the purpose of the low level bright yellow covers that are being installed adjacent to some of the grey street cabinets, Are these temporary service covers or will they be replaced with surface level covers or a standard grey street cabinets when installations are completed? These are currently not only significant  trip hazards, but will no doubt become a target for skate boarders and trick cyclists.

Viirgin Street CabinetsViirgin Street Cabinets

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Street Cabinets

Looks like they are part of the build. Perhaps one of the techs that contribute here can enlighten us.

http://www.bradleystokejournal.co.uk/2016/01/21/virgin-media-network-continues-grow/

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By the actual size of the yellow box compared to the size of the two grey boxes And the concrete covers in front of all three, I would say it's space for another grey box. Possibly a fibre termination cabinet, maybe they are waiting for it to be delivered and don't want people to full in the hole or maybe it's for future expansion. Unless you are colour blind I cannot see it being a trip hazard. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Whitesmith
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes we have blind and partially sighted parishioners who use this area to cross a service road into an ajoining estate. Surely the contractors should keep the red/white hazard barriers in place until the the build is complete. The main contractor is McNicholas and the cabling is being carried out by J D Ram. This is a health and safety issue and is being brought to the attention of the Parish Council.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Whitesmith, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

It's really great having you on board with us. If I had to hazard a guess, I would of thought this was related to maybe a third cabinet however I'm not 100% so have asked to clarify this with the Area Manager in your area. 

As for it being a health and safety risk, it is certainly bright enough to be seen from far away so I wouldn't say this is the case. 

I'll pop back with an update on what it is once I hear back Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Whitesmith, 

As expected the yellow obstacle is a form of cover for a third cabinet that is planned for the space. 

All works would have been approved with the council and they would of given the approval for the work after receiving full details of the plan and schedule. 

We've double checked and no Health and Safety rules have been broken. 

I hope this helps put your mind at ease. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos