Menu
Tobefree
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stolen router

Hi everyone,

My soon-to-be ex-wife has decided, in her infinite wisdom, to remove the wifi router from the family home over the weekend, which is a pain to say the least. There is no chance of her returning it. I am the registered customer with Virgin and pay the bills. Just wondered how much they cost to replace? Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stolen router

You rent the equipment from Virgin, as part of your package. They are still owned by Virgin and technically their property. The Hub's come free, though sometimes Virgin will charge a fee if the hub has been destroyed accidentally. Not sure what they do in the case of theft. I'm guessing they would want you to report it to the police. So it depends.

Btw, your account is registered to that particular hub and it is not allowed to be installed somewhere else other than your registered address.

Report it to Virgin, but I'd call Retentions if I were you, or at least the UK call centre, so you get someone knowledgable enough to handle it and not following a script.

Perhaps @Karen_A could look into this for you, as she's good with thorny account issues?

0 Kudos
Tobefree
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MUD_Wizard - that's really useful.

Other things have been 'liberated' from the house in recent weeks which I've reported to the police, without any action (or interest), so I'm not holding my breath in that regard!

I'll give VM a call later and see what they say.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Tobefree

Thanks for dropping by with your post about the stolen router and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that this and other items have been unlawfully removed by your ex. That sucksSmiley Sad

With respect to stolen equipment we do apply a charge to the customers account for replacing this and this should then be able to be claimed back against the customers home insurance if they have this.

The set charge for replacing a stolen Hub is £40.

We also notify our Equipment team of this theft so they can remove this from your account and delete this from our asset lists. In order to do this we do need a crime reference number so the fact you have logged this with the police is good and hopefully you have a reference number that we can take from you when you are free to call later on today.

Finally we raise an engineer visit for you for the tech to come out and replace this equipment for you.

If you get in touch with us today either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to get your replacement modem reinstalled for you asap.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"