Menu
jmzlondon
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

South West London Outage!

No TV or internet since Tuesday! Come on Virgin sort it out or at least give an update to this...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News-and-events/South-West-London/td-p/3134721 

Every time i look at the status update it just pushes the time back for when it'll be resolved. 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: South West London Outage!

To be fair, when a pile driver slices through a major cable carrying VM's fibre optics, the repair is going to take some time, but I agree that more regular updates would be in order.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
uberduberdoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah but if you have a read from some of the other posts regarding this, apparently Sky also went down in the same area due to the same problem but theirs is back up? I've no idea if these wires are buried next to each other if they are it seems odd that they have a service in the area but VM currently doesn't? I am using next doors wifi from Sky which is why its a bit strange. Could be completely wrong though, I just hope it doesn't move on the time on the service status like it has been for the past 3 days

0 Kudos
Frumentarii
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As far as I knpw Sky rents the same cable FROM virgin media. So I have no idea why VM won't fix this.

0 Kudos
Frumentarii
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

And now it's 9pm..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your patience whilst we are working hard to get things resolved for you. 

We understand your frustration with this but we can only update you when we get updates. 

Currently, work has been ongoing right the way through last night and today and we are making progress. 

The work involved to resolve things is very complex but we are going as fast as we can. 

Keep checking the link above for updates. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
uberduberdoo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Frustration? That isn't the word for this...and it's pointless checking the above link as I have been doing so every time it reaches the expected ETA on the service status to see no change to it.

What has happened to the "temporary fix" that is supposed to be happening?

If this is true that Sky rent lines from VM why is it such an issue to restore service if Sky have been able to do so? and please...don't give us a copy pasted answer we are your customers

Edit! now its 18th June?! you're joking right, you are going to reimburse me for the work I have lost not having any internet to use?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin will NOT reimburse you for work lost. They will give you money off your bill for the fault but nothing more. Anyway you should not be using a residential line for business purposes (its in the ToS). 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
uberduberdoo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I do not use the internet for "business purposes", I occasionally work from home and not having the internet has impacted this but anyway, seems it has changed on the service status to show its back online? Anyone else back on yet?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just spoke to a friend in the clapham area who was affected and he tells me his internet is back up.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos