Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11 (225 Views)

So Annoyed!!

[ Edited ]

Hearing all these other people get Virgin Cabling their streets but it seems Virgin doesn't want to bother with my street, even though I raised interest by telling the neighborhood. 

I am annoyed/frustrated/sad and drained waiting for better internet here, as I really need it so badly. Why do we have to be so far behind on rolling out better internet.... Other countries have way better internet than us, example: 1Gbps up and down speeds and the max we can have in the UK if we are lucky that is, is 300/20. Yeah I know Hyperoptic offer 1Gbps speeds but not even they want to do our area, Great Britain, huh yeah right scrap the Great and put Rubbish Britain, we use to be Great now we are a joke.

Superfast
Message 2 of 11 (189 Views)

Re: So Annoyed!!

Communications in Britain are provided by commercial companies, who do so to make money, not provide a universal service. That ended when Post Office Telephones were sold off and competition was expected to be all that was needed to drive improvement. Virgin's plans and priorities will be driven by maximising profits not some idea of fairness or the needs of Britain.
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11 (188 Views)

[ Edited ]

In my area they can easily make a great profit from all the people here, plus if you walk not far down the road people have VM, so it's not a question of fairness like you say or jump to the conclusion of, it's a case of VM actually doing their job which by all the complains I have read on here is a *bleep* poor attempt on their behalf.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 11 (178 Views)

If there is enough demand and the installation costs are reasonable, it is quite possible that VM will cable your street at some time in the future. However they do not have limitless resources and will use their commercial judgement to priorities where to deploy them first, as there are many potentially profitable areas awaiting service. They also have to get local authority approval and some authorities are likely more welcoming than others.

Their primary job is to make as much money as possible for the minimum possible outlay.
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11 (147 Views)

Hi FastInternetPlz

I appreciate your patience on this Smiley Happy

Currently the information we have regarding your postcode is the same, that they're waiting on approvals before they can move forwards.

I've sent another mail as it was a few weeks since this last update but these things generally don't change that quickly. I will of course let you know if I hear back anything different to the above Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11 (136 Views)

Unfortunately we live in a small island country that is densely populated, whereas Latvia or Estonia have very small populations, thus needing less infrastructure.Smiley Sad

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure.
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans.
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11 (113 Views)

Re: So annoyed

Hi FastInternetPlz

The teams have come back to me and, at present, the situation is the same where we are awaiting approval.

They have asked for me to ask you to pop back to us again in the next month or so and we will chase this again for you.

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11 (97 Views)

Funny how they are still waiting for approval when work is just being done down the road where people have VM Smiley Sad I hate my life, waiting for better internet is so depressing me and I already have bad depression as it is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11 (58 Views)

Hi FastInternetPlz, 

Thanks for popping back to us on this. 

We understand it's frustrating however when we request approval there is 101 other things we need to add in to it such as planning, budgeting, costs, permissions as well as looking at things such as interest in the area etc. 

As we're awaiting approval, this is a good sign and hopefully we will have more news on this soon for you. 

As mentioned by Karen, check in with us in a few weeks for an update. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 10 of 11 (46 Views)

[ Edited ]

Virgin services are not recommended  if you are already depressed. 

Get sky.

Ps waiting for better internet is such a first world problem. Worldwide there are millions waiting for food and clean water, l and for a roof over their head. Maybe you should trade places to put your misery in perspective Smiley Happy

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos