Menu
Reply
  • 2.49K
  • 195
  • 769
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
268 Views
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Should we laugh or cry?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Virgin-Fibre-300Mb-Ultrafast-Speeds/ba-p/3374906

 

Yeah, right.   In other breaking news, the Labour Party are set to win the next election.   Smiley Very Happy

 

 

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
  • 1.69K
  • 63
  • 268
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
244 Views
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?


Dave_cq wrote:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Virgin-Fibre-300Mb-Ultrafast-Speeds/ba-p/3374906

 

Yeah, right.   In other breaking news, the Labour Party are set to win the next election.   Smiley Very Happy

 

 


They already did 300 though, granted an extra £5 is cheaper than homeworks, but not by much, there is no upstream increase and i doubt they removed STM on the 300 so i'm seeing literally zero reason to upgrade at this point, going to need to actually give me a decent incentive here VM

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 362
  • 15
  • 82
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
235 Views
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?

You can never have enough speed Smiley Happy



Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
  • 1.69K
  • 63
  • 268
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
232 Views
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?


pyrotenax wrote:
You can never have enough speed Smiley Happy

On the downstream i can, i'm not having issues grabbing stuff its issues uploading lol

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 2.18K
  • 242
  • 567
teabag
Problem sorter
223 Views
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?

So, us who are already on Vivid 100 or 200, should we be expecting the slight upload increases?
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 959
  • 77
  • 242
vircom
Well-informed
215 Views
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?

More an advertising gimic than anything useful for the majority of customers I suggest.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 520
  • 42
  • 125
Corinneangela
Rising star
212 Views
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?

That upload increase is already in 200 Gamers, which I have. I doubt I would bother with paying extra for 300 without a further increase in the upload speeds.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 17.33K
  • 1.58K
  • 2.97K
Superuser
Superuser
196 Views
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?


teabag wrote:
So, us who are already on Vivid 100 or 200, should we be expecting the slight upload increases?

Don't know yet, but I'd work on the assumption that unless Virgin Media say otherwise, the new upload speeds will be available with the new bundles only.

**********************************
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
  • 2.75K
  • 45
  • 357
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
171 Views
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?

Well it's not apparent on the 100 vivid broadband yet

 

My Broadband Speed Test

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6153744706.png

 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 570
  • 9
  • 50
DarkBahamut
Fibre optic
162 Views
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should we laugh or cry?


BenMcr wrote:

teabag wrote:
So, us who are already on Vivid 100 or 200, should we be expecting the slight upload increases?

Don't know yet, but I'd work on the assumption that unless Virgin Media say otherwise, the new upload speeds will be available with the new bundles only.


Well, the press release talks about BB only packages also, so anyone that doesn't currently take a bundle should be able to get the new speeds I would think once they are available.

0 Kudos
Reply